1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Steam guard problem on ios

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wolf5ster, 1 Jun 2016.

1. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Sold my old Android phone yesterday removed all authenticates and factory reset it. I have now redone it on an iPhone SE iOS 9, worked fine last night. When I go into the app on the iPhone it asks for my mobile authentication. On my PC I'm permanently logged in anyway I was just trying out the gog/steam link which I read about in another thread when I came across this problem.
    [​IMG]

2. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I had the "same" problem a while ago. You have to contact Steam support and provide some personal data so they send you a temporary link to change your Steam Guard settings.

3. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Ok thanks will do, but after deactivating from one phone to another it seems it still needs the original authentication from the original app. I typed in the security code I was given when I first activated the app and on the the new installed app I have a new one if I ever remove it.

4. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Saw an option for text message, received it and ios app is now logged in. Where on the android app you exit application at the bottom of the side menu, I have just noticed it's log out instead.