1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Steam refund

Discussion in 'Software' started by chris182, 7 May 2013.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

Read the post, I think he knows what he's running :thumb: Problem here is that minimum reqs are just that. They should provide a maximum guaranteed spec as well imo, for older games.

It's not that the product is faulty, if I bought a car but hadn't a clue how to drive, that wouldn't be the car manufacturers fault. There's nothing wrong with the game code, it just doesn't work on this particular pc.

In my experience with Steam support you are at least dealing with an actual person who will read your email and give an actual response so it's definitely worth having the conversation, if you try a couple of things to get it to work and they do nothing I'd say they might well give you credit.

2. chris182

chris182 New Member

Yeah, I feel fairly confident it's not my hardware!

I've gone through the majority of the suggested solutions of the steam forums. I'll keep on trying, but it's more a matter of principle now. I shouldn't have to edit my registry to get a game to run. Should I!?!

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Unfortunately, yes you should. KOTOR 1 & 2 are very old games (10 and 9 respectively) designed for much older hardware and software. Any title from that area will have issues with new systems.

As I said, try everything in that thread. If nothing works I have some more ideas. :)

4. MSHunter

MSHunter Well-Known Member

isn't that old enough that dos box might help?

5. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I've been down this road, to summarize.

Valve: "Oh, sorry to hear that."
    *licks finger, as they count my money*
    Valve: "Unfortunately, you agreed to our terms and conditions and cannot issue you a refund, have a nice day."