1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits Steve Ballmer's CES 2010 Keynote

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 8 Jan 2010.

1. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Why the low res pictures?

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Best Ballmer video ever:

Windows 1.0 advert:

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I'll be interested to see how the HP slate turns out- if they add a stylus to it then it might be the ideal replacement for my HP tx1000 if I go back to uni. If it's a load of junk then I'll be praying for the Courier to come to fruition.

4. dryrice

dryrice Zestious Knight

Steve Ballmer sure isn't making an effort losing weight even with all that money he's got. Still though that HP slate did raise an eyebrow for me.

5. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Yeah a lot of people are quick to knock that Slate thing, but I'm still on the fence about it.

6. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

Lots of companies have been working on slate like products for years, like tablet PCs, ebook readers etc. Apple if anything are playing catchup here their reputation for 'slick' hardware notwithstanding. Especially as their supposed slick hardware is generally gimped like iphone 1s lack of 3G, the terrible camera, lack of multitasking etc. Not to mention the excessive premium you pay for their stuff.

Additionally I have a HTC Touch HD2 with 6.5 sense UI phone and it is bar none the best device I have ever used, it makes the iphone look messy, slow and uninspired, it beats Android hands down and for the features and price it's excellent. I'd advise taking a look.

7. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

What Apple lacks in common sense they make up with quality. yeh the first IPhone should've had everything that the Iphone 3GS has but hey people went out and bought a new IPhone every two years.

When Apple releases a Tablet it will be a Giant IPhone running OS X hopefully made like the IPhone out of Steel and Glass making the touch screen head and shoulders above the competition and their plastic.

Apple is behind because I know Sony Vaio has a tablet PC (in some form) and Vaio is basically Apples competitor. Regardless Apple knows how to make a quality product that the public wants. Apple also sets the standard for PC competitors to follow

Just too bad it's Apple and it's not running Windows 7.

8. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

Don't get me wrong, but fanboys (like Mac & M$) got really BORING.

The only things I'm looking forward from M$ is SP1 or SP2 for Win7 (a must), Office 2010 (and coming SP1), DirectX 11, and things like that. I careless about macs, they always sucked, I know because I'm from 6502 era and they were better a toaster than a computer, really!

9. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

lol @ The apple fanboyism, I just laugh reading it! Suppose we all need to speak a bit of gibberish every now and then :p

10. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Why do you write the 's' in MS as "$"? It's easier to just write 'MS'. Try it next time, you'll see.

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

But that's the way all the cool kids from the "6502 era" spell it, dude! :eyebrow:

Anyway, a tablet is always interesting but I think it doesn't matter much whether it runs on OSX or 7 doesn't make too much of a difference. After all they both support multi-touch and offer the apps you need to use it or will do shortly.

12. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

slate will be good for onsite engineers

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

geez I hate balmers pedo face.. that picture just makes me sick..

it's like what would a guy his age be doing with his tongue out like that.. I'll tell you I wouldn't be surprised if they ran a sting and turned out him and chris hanson were tag team buddies

14. Initialised

Initialised What's a Dremel?

There are other briticisms in there, the one about talking propper for example. It's our language if you don't get it all steal some more and keep all the letters. Using britslang on forums with US swear filters was a hobby of mine for a while. I wouldn't call "doggedly" slang, dialect or colloquialism. Dogging is slang but I don't imagine that it's a pastime Mr Balmer and his 5 daughters get up to.

I was expecting more on Office2010 and how they're intent to foist the free, gimped, add ridden version on as many new PCs as they can to force market dominance and encourage the upgrade cycle like they did with Win 7 Beta/RC, IE8, & BiNG (LOL@Balmers we bing, bing, bing, binge). Surprised there wasn't a joke about the how the Apple iSlate is late.

15. Initialised

Initialised What's a Dremel?

Like Jen-Hsun Huang:

[​IMG]

Not only Fermi that iS late

Tags: Add Tags