1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Steve Jobs takes medical leave from Apple

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Jan 2009.

1. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

wow.... I can't stand Steve Jobs and I find that incredibly offensive... he got over cancer, which is an incredible achievement, and convinced millions to buy his companies crappy products (an even bigger achievement).

The stupidest thing he is doing now is not appointing a successor, unlike when Gates left microsoft (you barely noticed him leaving), it will be a big deal when he either dies or actually decides to leave, which will dump their stock like crazy.

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

As one of several terminally ill members of this forum I applaud his desire to be with family and get away from the day to day pressures of running a business.

Whatever his current health issues are "they are his issues".
    Most people cannot conceive of what a terminal illness or a major failing of the body does to one's mind. Cancer, changes in lifestyle, the inability of the body to cooperate are serious personal issues.

Leave him be.
    I wish him a better future than I face.

john

3. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

My condolences. I have lost both friends and family to this disease. I only hope that someday the world can find a cure so that we don't have to see our loved ones suffer from this indiscriminate killer.

4. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

speaking nothing of the mans ills the company stratedgy at this point is invested very much so in the image of steve jobs and the culture he creates. If I was more financially savvy I would put calls? on apple stock so that I made profit everytime apple stock fell.

Then again this is a pretty obvious stratedgy as the whole consumer electronics segment is falling, even Sony just posted a loss

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the man is a bloody genious!!! shame his health is not helping...

Tags: Add Tags