1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Stirp LED's got some questions.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by crazyg1zm0, 11 Feb 2013.

1. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

HI fellow bit-techers

I have gotten my hands on 2 strips of LED's and a control board + proximity sensor setup from work that was going to be binned. Now my questions are as follows:

1. How is the best way to externally power this setup minus the board and sensor as I have a feeling that the Board is goosed as when testing with a working Power supply the LED's sis not power with or without the sensor.

2.Depending on the answer to question 1. How easy is it to solder the power supply on and in the future add more strips? as my plan is to use them for a bit of lighting in my room where my PC is. by placing them inside my shelves possibly with some plastic over them to dim them if needed.

Pics for you all
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

For the RGB-LEDs you need a board to control them, the "normal" LED-strips are just connected to a 12V powerbrick.

3. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

any suggestions as to where i can get the bits to control and power them or what kind of thing i need?

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder