1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Stolen laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CoffeeTwoSugars, 21 Nov 2012.

1. CoffeeTwoSugars

CoffeeTwoSugars What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this tbh,

Anyways I very recently got my Sony Vaio, stupidly I kept putting off installing Prey or any other tracking software, so I'm screwed in that regard.

However I was wondering with the serial number and things of that nature, is it possible for Sony or the Police to track it?

A stab in the dark, I know, but maybe one of you guys is a genius and know how to get it back.

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Its unIikely that there is anything Sony or the police can do in terms of tracking it.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

If you have the serial, the only thing you can do is trawl your local CEX/Cash Generators etc looking for it yourself.

4. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

You should inform the police about the theft and give them the serial number. If they every come across that device, they'll know that it's stolen.

5. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

there are some things you could do if you have a remote login like teamviewer installed, but they are quite complicated.

6. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

check pawn shops, eBay and gumtree.

Did you have any RDP software installed?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

7. m3rk

m3rk What's a Dremel?

sorry top hear of your theft. Can only echo what others have said, trawl through your local free ads, cash converters etc and see if they have anything like your model and serial number. hope you get it back!

8. CoffeeTwoSugars

CoffeeTwoSugars What's a Dremel?

I have got a way of checking a an ip. I work for a large tech firm and can go in the backend to check ip as the service will log me in automatically.

The only thing is though, the thief will have to get past my windows login for the service to be auto logged in if you follow me