1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Strange Android WiFi tethering problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by -=ByteMan=-, 4 Mar 2011.

1. -=ByteMan=-

-=ByteMan=- What's a Dremel?

Hi Peeps, Ive recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S phone to Andorid 2.2.2 (Froyo) and now when I enable Mobile access point (WIFI tethering) I cannot see the Mobile access point from any of my home computers running any MS Windows operating system, XP or Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit). However I can use the mobile access point from my Ipod touch and my Acer Aspire One netbook which runs Linpus linux lite.

Is anyone having similar problems? I have tried changing the channel ranges in the wifi adapter properties, but I still cannot see the available wifi network which my phone is presenting and Im not using any encryption either.

TIA

-=ByteMan=- :wallbash:

2. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

Do you have an existing wireless network? Or are there any in range?

When you go into Wi-Fi Hotspot (that's what it's called on my HTC Desire running Froyo), have you tried pressing Menu > Advanced and changing the channel the phone is broadcasting on? It may be the case that it's the same (or a conflicting channel) as an existing network, and the antennae on the home computers aren't picking up what would be the weaker signal of the phone.

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

read a bit on forums.. guy said he uninstalled pdanet and reinstalled and it put in the correct drivers