1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Strange IE errors since installing Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by Froggy, 15 Jul 2005.

1. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Ok, ever since rotosequence forced me to install FireFox on my computer, IE6 has been crashing and causing strange errors left and right. Just a few minutes ago i got this one:

[​IMG]

The strange part is, nothing stopped working (as far as i can tell.) If still posting in IE without the computer locking up or anything. What does the error mean?

Odds are IE will crash on me again when i press post....

2. Jhonbus

Jhonbus What's a Dremel?

You installed FireFox and you're still using IE? What's wrong with you?

3. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

I high suspect that's a virus display a fake IE error message. As far I know, the IE error model does not represent something like that in the history of IE errors. Microsoft would have been absolute _______ if they put out a error like that. Once again, it's probably one of the addons or a hidden virus.

4. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Google is teh win.

It is a valid error, and it is a well documented error. Seems to be caused by a very badly written program (I'm not pointing fingers here!)

http://www.google.ca/search?q=r6025...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Heres a good example:
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Runtime_Error_R6025_pure_virtual_function_call-t43066.html

Microsoft doesn't offer much help outside of C++ error,s that deal with R6025. but heres a link anyway, as they're a nice blue. I like blue :D
    http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=en-us&st=b&na=82&qu=r6025+internet+explorer

[EDIT] Just to be cheeky, and keep with the 'OMG' theme, here's the OMG bus to the rescue!
    [​IMG]
    It got stuck :(
    [/EDIT]

5. TMM

TMM Modder

lolololol the OMG got PWNED

6. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Firefox is a huge headache for me. Ive tried using it, but its sloweness and ram-hogginness really bothered me. IE6+Google Toolbar is all i need.

I have Adaware and Norton going now. Ill post if it finds anything.

Might be related, but Ive been having a lot of programs crash on my to lately, all of them with the error saying something about a memory error. Ill take a screenshot of the error next time. (usually its GTA:SA thats crashing)

7. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Dunno wtf you downloaded but it dont sound alot like firefox?'
    `P2D

8. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

I got it from the firefox site. Web pages load times are twice as long in FF vs IE. It seems to affect all sites. I even went to some site first on 1 browser and then sometimes on first on the other browser just to keep it fair and make sure its not caching, but FF is a hell of a lot slower. I'm on 5mbit cable with decent pings.

(50ms to ping bit-tech)

9. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Hmm, Did you try downloading that Auto-configure thing for FF? cant remember what its called but it automatically alters settings and makes things faster? My FF is alot faster for loading websites VS IE6. cant remember what that FF config programs called but ill look it up, and someone here will know it.

`P2D

Edit: looky what i found:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4534

10. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

anyway course of the bug.

malf's post was useless (in case u didn't guess)

as John said its 99.9% likely to be caused by a OLE addin thats running on your system. This error generally comes up when you try to call a function, that dosen't excist. (like a null referance pointer)

If you've got google toolbar installed, and only that, i'd look there. Un load + reload it.

If you can, install a debugger that would help tracking down which library contains the code thats causing the problem.

11. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

forgot to add, you could post this in general as a "funny" topic

12. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Ok ill try to uninstall the toolbar. I ran Norton and it found 9 Viruses, and they where all related to java.
    [​IMG]

Edit: I would post it, but its not funny ;)

13. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

i'd wipe and re-load with that many viruses, who's been a silly boy then? running as administrator, without a virus scanner installed!

for the benefit of anyone who's not been reading all my posts lately, the sugestion this is funny enough to be posted in general, is based soley on the fact i don't find it funny, but i'm sure firehead would

14. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

I had NAV the whole time. One site i stumbled on was trying to do something Java and Norton picked it up and took care of it. My guess is that this is some kind of residual effect of it. As for running as admin, I'm on Windows 2003 and haven't perfected the adding a limited account thingy yet. :)

I am going to reformat soon. Its been over 6 months since my last wipe, and things are starting to feel slow.

15. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

to be honnest, it sounds like your suffering because your current cpu can't keep up :nono: what cpu do you have by the way? :hehe: :lol:

well you shouldn't use ie, it's filled with too much c**p everything is aimed at it...

if you install firefox, you should use it.

also it's best to wipe your pc every 6 months when using windows... else it gets slower and slower untill it's running at the speed of an underclocked pentium3

16. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

My 2.8ghz P4 will handle 70 running processes without even breaking a sweat. :p
    I really love 2003 because its gone 6 months without any slowdown, and now that i installed FF everything is turning to crap. With WinXP i was formatting monthly.
    I really can't stand using FF to surf. Nothing but a huge headache as half the sites i go to won't work, and there is something about the fonts that make webpages look funny. Also for some strange reason, my eyes hurt after surfing for a half hour. Then when you add all the stupid features i hate like tabbed browsing, slower speed, so called better security that causes sites to not work, and the overall hit on the rest of my system, it causes me to really think about putting FF back on when i reformat. I can tell you now that i won't.

17. [Jonny]

[Jonny] What's a Dremel?

Well, out of 71 million people who downloaded firefox this happened to you. It must be the software! :eek:

If you dislike firefox so much then just uninstall it. However, I havn't seen any site that doesn't work in firefox for months, and I can really see any difference in the loading times and I havn't tweaked firefox at all. (in many cases it loads quicker because firefox starts rendering before the page is loaded)

And if you like IE so much, try making a few tableless CSS designs that work on FireFox, Opera and IE. :p

18. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

ie works better than everything, of course. l o l

69 of which are idle? :)

anyway, it must be firefox that caused ie to stop working, not horrible code. I cba arguing, but it's your own fault for using such a ************ browser

19. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

I do love it so much when the un-informed masses start going at one.

Now the quickest and easyest way to solve this would be to install a debugger like WinDbg (free, google it) and see which module the code is comming from.

My money, is on a 3rd party non-MS addin, that got confused when firefox was installed (as it probably wants to be installed last, after every browser has been installed). Now that i think is the most likely course then. Assuming its not a virus.

20. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Thank you for providing a real answer! (unlike some of the trolls in this thread) :)
    Ill try and take a closer look into it today.

Bruno, Its not my fault you intentionally make your site not work on your computer, as it works fine for me. And that first pic, I think its better that IE does not **** up the image by screwing with the transparencies, and IE leaves it as its meant to be. I saved the image on my computer and opened it up, and the image still had a background.
    Edit: IE hasn't crashed in a few days now, and FF for some reasion wont start. Not that it matters anyway.