1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling strong magnetic tape?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yaka, 21 Nov 2021.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

tired of having to shift my huge old case labs th10 case downstairs and outside for good dust off with my electric blower/vac thingie. my case came with demciflex dust intake vent covers but these had crap magnets on and kept sliding off so i just left them off anyone know of a decent branded magnetic taps that will hold them in place?

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I've no personal experience, but 3M always seem to be well-rated.

For mine, I bought a load of this mesh cheap (link is for the idea, not the price) and some frames like this (again, link for idea, not price) so that I could double up the filter mesh on the frame, then hot glued some neodymium magnets into each corner. Where there wasn't a part of the case to magnetise to, I either stuck the same magnets with opposite poles outwards into the fan frame itself, or just screwed in from outside with fan on the inside so the magnets hung on to the screws. That mesh also worked on the top 280mm blowhole when cut to size.

Next step was then to completely forget about the sneaky lower rear optional mount (the purpose of which I have no idea about since you can't fit a fan inside it anyway), which I've since realised is now an ingress point for dust.

So don't do that part.

Yaka likes this.