1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Study: 82 percent of gamers don't mind in-game ads

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Jun 2008.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

This is a case study in how you can manipulate the results by how you ask the questions. In politics it's known as "Push polling". I'd love to see the questions they asked to drive these responses.

That said, I hate advertising in all it's forms. I never buy anything from an ad online, and if I see something I like i research it and then buy it somewhere else (usually ebay). My bottom line is I don't like being told what to do, or even encouraged, and so when someone tries to sell me something I make a point of not buying from them.

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

BF2142 is about 10€ around here.... if you ask me it is pretty damn cheap....

3. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

but how long has it been out? if it launched at that price then id say yes its down to advertising, but now its just because its an old game

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I do exactly the same thing. My whole life I've always done the opposite of what I was told to do just because someone tried to force me. My parents knew that and were always cool and relaxed and I never caused them any problem :D

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

I do mind in-game ads.

6. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Or bring the quality up. There is a stigma attatched to paying more than the going rate for computer games - you would expect to pay £35 for a really crap game and a really good game in a shop. Doesn't make sense. Some games obviously have had more money put into them and are 'worth' more. If they add this extra content by recovering the cost through advertising revenue then great, or if you get a standard game that is subsidised because of ad revenue then again, great.

7. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Battlefield Heroes.

8. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

I'm glad theres someone else with a similar viewpoint to me :)

I go out of my way to avoid advertising, i absolutely hate using any PC without adblock installed, i'd count it as one of the most important pieces of software on my PC now.

Away from the PC, theres a 95+% chance that any noticeable advertising will cause me to make an effort to never buy anything from them, the more annoying the advert the longer my memory for this gets :lol:

My particular pet hate is cold callers, thats an instant lifetime ban on ever buying anything from that company for me :nono:

9. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

I mind them

10. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

I think adds are ****ed, and avoid games that contain them. If a REALLY good game comes out with adds, I go out of my way to hack them out of said game.

Problem solved.

Tags: Add Tags