1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Stupid things we've done without thinking

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 1 Dec 2008.

1. KoenVdd

KoenVdd What's a Dremel?

Remembered the one I forgot. Once while cleaning the pavement with a pressure washer I got curious about the temperature of the water. I figured the high pressure should raise the temp a bit. Decided to have a feel. I can assure you that my sensory system was a little preoccupied with other sensations than determining the temperature of the water. As one could imagine, a concave geometry of the index finger was the result.

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Lol! Nice one :hehe:

3. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

three things that i can remember for myself,

I was extending the second phone line (used only for the internet) arround the side of the house using CAT5 so that i could get a network connection AND a phone connection on the same cable.
    Connected everything up at the BT end and then moved to the other end to start stripping the solid core wires with my teeth (THE quickest way IMO). Stripped the first wire, no problem. Stripped the second wire.... OUCH! Head herting and mouth a bit tingly.

I was stripping the wires under the desk and the phone lines connected on my lip, i got shocked by 90v (but pathetic ampage) coming from the BT exchange and banged my head.

Same year at new years, i got home earlier than usual and the door was locked (i originally said i was staying out all night long). With my beer coat on it wasnt too bad but i wanted my bed... so with my beer climbing strength i got onto the roof and started sliding passed my parents window to get to my sisters slightly open window to climb into.
    I got spotted and promptly told to "get down from there".

Again same year but in the summer, bombing down a local back road (where only the locals use it) at about 70mph so that i could hit the single little bridge, take off and then land. Hit the bridge, noticed another car coming the other way, landed and steared while braking perfectly into a rural crossing point. However once i got home (and calmed down from the excitement) i realised that id blown the return hydralics for the suspention and put a hole in the exhaust! The car was a citroen BX....i loved that car.

4. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Remember welding something. A mate asked me something, and as I answered it, my attention turned to him. So I take off my mask, gloves etc. Finish talking to him. And proceeded to pick up a piece of red hot steel, walk 10 feet to the water barrel to dump the steel in. Dropped the steel in the water. That was when the pain kicked in. So had to stuff my hand in the barrel too. Imagine blisters the size of a quarter all over the inside my hand. And the smell of burning flesh. I wrapped the hand in ice and sat down to drink coffee for the remainder of the day. Luckily it was my left hand.

5. Squallers

Squallers Meat Puppet

when i was in year 9 (13-14) I wandered out of school at afternoon break convinced that it was the end of the day. Waited for my mum to pick me up for half an hour before i saw kids on the field doing PE. I was far too embarassed to go back so i just hung about. Unfortunately the school noticed i was gone and called my mum. When she picked me up and i told her what had happened she laughed all the way home

6. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

YOUR SEX IS ON FIIIIRREE!!!!!:D

7. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

I once woke up in the middle of the night, walked down stairs and into the study (setting off the burglar alarm in the process). When in the study, I turned on my computer and sat down to wait for it to boot up. When the alarm went off, my parents came downstairs and found me sitting there, saying 'It's very loud!' to myself. I still have no memory of it.

8. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Went to the bathroom one night but on coming out I turned the opposite way and opened the door to the airing cupboard stood there for a while trying to figure out what happened to my room. Dad came out and pointed down the hall to where I was supposed to be I then proceeded down the hall didn't stop at my room fell down the stairs and woke up next morning wondering why the hell I was on the floor.

9. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

We had a surprise party for my dad in a marquee in the garden over the weekend. It was exhausting work organising it and setting it up so needless to say I was very tired on Sunday. Two things I did randonmly...

I wanted to open my car, instead of picking up my car keys I took the tv remote. :wallbash:

Secondly I put shaving foam on my toothbrush (lucky I noticed before putting it in my mouth).

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I remember one night I sleepwalked over to my alarm clock that was on the other side of the room and turned it off, then walked back and got into bed. At least that's what I assume I did. I definitely turned it on at night and was very confused in the morning when I work up late and found it off.

11. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

LOL @ sex on fire Baz :hehe: I can't imagine having chilli with a girl, and after dinner saying "Hey bebe, wanna 69 :naughty:" Time & place! :hehe:

I thought of another stupid thing i've done. I've gotten angry at an rude & immature comment written by somebody in irc and joined in the flaming :lol:

12. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I had a test on geometrical optics.

The first question: "what are the two basic laws of geometrical optics"

I drew a complete blank on it. i had no idea what the question even meant.
    I went through the test, and got all of the hard problems about focal lengths and aperatures and all that other crap right.
    it later turned out to be "law of reflection and law of refraction" :wallbash: DUH! those are the two simplest, stupidest concepts.

I do that a lot - there will a really easy test question, but I'll overanalyze it and think "it can't really be that easy, can it?" and write down some long, complicated answer that's completely wrong.

Also, if I'm wearing a jacket, I'll take something out of my pants pocket, put it in my jacket pocket, then a few minutes later look for it in my pants pocket and think I lost it.

13. nitrous9200

nitrous9200 What's a Dremel?

We use a site called Turnitin.com at our school to submit our written assignments to check for plagiarism (as well as physically handing them in). Last assignment I handed in fine, but I didn't fully complete it on the website. Little did I know that the teacher counted 5 points late every day on Turnitin; I thought it was only physically giving it to her. Then she reminds me a week later plus the weekend, and I finally do it. I get the assignment back today...50 points off for being late. That turned a 75% into a 25%, and being one of the major assignments this quarter I'm now failing the class. :( All because I forgot to click one more button on a website..

14. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I was walking down the high street a few weeks ago and walked straight into a sign, I was distracted sending a text on my phone. The impact took my glasses clean off, but I hadn't noticed and in the pain, confusion and embarrassment I thought I had "broken" my eyesight.

Life pwned me that day.

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Walked half way to my maths lecture at 9 this morning, before realising everyone else was carrying a bag and I wasn't. Had to walk back home :(

16. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

thats classic

17. The Bodger

The Bodger What's a Dremel?

We have an old petrol engined lawnmower which has a mad engine stop mechanism. Rather than just cutting off the fuel, it has a metal lever with a rubber handle which shorts out the spark plug to stop the engine. One hot day after doing the lawn I somehow took hold of the wrong end of the lever and pushed the bare metal end down onto the spark plug of the running engine with my bare hand. As I was holding the wrong end of the lever, the hand ended up between the metal lever and the plug... zap! :duh:

My other memorable moment of stupidity was when I knocked my cordless butane gas powered soldering iron off the desk and tried to catch it before it hit the floor. I ended up wrapping my hand around the hot end. The result was a very badly burned left hand, and a room that smelled of burned Bodger for hours. Now that is the hard way to learn to stop saving pennies and buy a soldering iron stand...

18. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I sliced a big chuck out of my thumb with a knife after my mom decided to scream at me about the smell of lighter fluid that was permeating the house (they weren't aware I owned a lighter and thought there was a gas leak)

I then had to sit there with the blood going all over my palm while being yelled at (she would have gotten worse if she knew I had hurt myself with one of the knives in the collection that she doesn't approve of anyways.

19. Logikal One

Logikal One Is that with or without fries?

I one time had to take a dump REALLY bad in the middle of the night and forgot to put the seat down and fell right in.

20. Ferret

Ferret What's a Dremel?

Many many years ago:

Got home very drunk,.
    went to bed naked.
    woke up and went to the toilet with just a towel round me.
    Took the wrong turning and entered my parents bedroom.
    Dropped towel on way in.
    ….
    You know how you get into bed by lifting the cover and putting a leg in at the same time?

Next time I came home from the club we had signs, in case I got confused.