1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Styrofoam packaging!

Discussion in 'General' started by Smilodon, 16 Jun 2008.

1. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Mind you, whne you cosider just how roughly the delivery drivers do treat some packages I'm often glad that some kit is so well protected. However when you consider just how much of todays products come with so much junk packaging its quite scary just how much of this stuff that can't be disposed of and aI suppose will end up in a landfill somewhere.

Just wait until orbital rocketry becomes viable to the average punter, we'll all start firing our junk into space.

2. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

I've occasionally handled returned products at work (these are OLD computer stations used for airline reservations in remote areas), and the home done packaging some of these people do is crazy!

3. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

True. I have seen people send in computers in bubble wrap envelopes. Surprisingly, most of them survive without too much damage.

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I had a massive box come today, which I thought would have most of the parts of a computer in.

All it had in it was several air bags and a mouse!

Tags: