1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Submersion Cooling?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geek1017, 11 Sep 2002.

1. geek1017

geek1017 What's a Dremel?

2. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

i though about doing it, i ahve a thread in it further down the list someware, ti can be done with a cheaper & less damaging chemical naimed in the thread but im a little but oo angry with comments a usr made in another forums about me to seach but it is easy to find, in the end i could not afford to pull it off (htat & i was afraid my precious hardware would go pop)

3. geek1017

geek1017 What's a Dremel?

Can this fluid just be used as an alternative to water in a standard watercooling setup?

The fluid still needs to be supercooled (by dry ice according to the article).
    So could you just use a chiller like a dehumidifier and substitute this stuff for water?

Is it worth it?

Might just be fun to try though.

4. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

submused mobos are not new. the main reason is to combat the condensation created by going below ambiant. oils etc have been used etc. However they normally operate in conjuction with an evaporative cooler. This system is interesting because it cools the whole system. I have never heard of them being used for long periods successfully like with a promethias that goes down to -25c and the new vappochill, which will go to -30c.:dude:

Tags: