1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Sudden GPU price rocket?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BU5H W00K1E, 9 Jan 2018.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The upcoming 120 / 144hz 4K and 200hz Ultrawide monitors will require several GPU generations worth of upgrades just to run existing titles at max potential.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yup which makes none of them worth buying yet. Same goes for these new headsets. We need far more GPU power and until we have it it's not worth buying.

3. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Dell has them currently also with a little of a price increase but shipping wont happen till February-April

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just out of interest I had a look at the pricing for the vega 64 nitro at Scan - listed as end of life. That didn't last long.

The 56 is due end of Jan at over £600+. This is all very daft.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep, getting really silly now with the current situation where you have a variety of 1080 models in stock to choose from that are over a £100 less than the out of stock Vega 56.

6. Vault-Tec

Scan have done that to loads of cards. Even some 1080Tis.

I don't know why, but I doubt they are all EOL.

7. adidan

Yeah it does seem pretty odd. Guess it's maybe a way of just saying "we ain't ever stocking that"

Vault-Tec likes this.
  8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Probably 'we aren't ordering any more of these... buy something else...'

Vault-Tec likes this.
  9. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I'd suggest Scan like to maintain an above average profit margin, when a product becomes less profitable or isn't selling they drop it - I know they did so with Phanteks products amongst others.

10. Vault-Tec

To be completely honest I have not ordered from Scan in years. About four years to be exact, and that was via Ebay (7990 with the free PSU). I always use OCUK now. Their customer service is amazing.

11. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

+1 to that. I absolutely loved using OCUK before I left.

Now I'm a Newegg lover. :D

12. adidan

I've found the same with Scan.

Once ordered from OCUK and waan't best pleased. Mind you that was years ago and wouldn't be against ordering from them in the future, people seem to rate them now.

Companies do improve and one off bad experiences happen. Deliveey costs put me off mind.

13. Vault-Tec

I don't pay any with OCUK. Even on like 99p items I get it free. Which is pretty massive when you've forgotten to order something silly like a gasket !

If you ever run into trouble just post in the CS area of the forum and Bailey will be right on it. I've had a few mishaps (human error) and they've always taken bloody good care of me. I could name a few examples but once I ordered a red reservoir on sale. It was £25 instead of about £80 (gotta love the price of Bitspower stuff !) any way when it arrived it was clear. Not that I was grumbling, clear ones were £35 in the sale. Any way, one problem was it came with chrome caps and I wanted black. So Bailey DPDed me two premium caps (£12 each !) next day. They really have turned everything around tbh. In fact, they aren't even the same company any more. Caseking really do know how to take care of their customers.

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

Aye, it was years ago when I last used them. Sounds like they certainly treated you like how you always hope customers should be treated.

Well customers with proper issues rather than those that grumble for the sake of grumbling. :)

15. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

CaseKing is superb. I can’t wait for them to expand into the US. :)

Vault-Tec likes this.
  16. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I would say even price rocketed GPU is better than no GPU. At biggest eshop in central Europe, all we got is one model of 1050Ti, few models of 1050's, two models of RX560, one model of RX550. That is the "highend GPU market" right now at that eshop.

17. Vault-Tec

The best part for me is the customer service. I am aware that humans run these shows and thus mistakes can happen. Especially when you are a PITA like me and only usually order stuff that is on clearance for dirt cheap. I've ordered about 40 fittings now for £3 or less. Not garbage either, I'm talking Bitspower and Monsoon here. IMO the two best makers of anything. And there have been a few mishaps due to the age of this stuff. Any way, three times now I have gotten to deal with human beings and English ones at that. No arguing, no trying to prove me wrong etc (*cough Scan cough*) they have just dealt with the matter.

Amazon are sometimes cheaper and tbh? they don't mess around either but with OCUK I deal with people who know what they are selling to me (unlike Amazon) and can actually help to resolve an issue or replace the product with something else compatible and or suitable. Even Amazon can't do that, their staff wouldn't know a water cooling part from their elbow tbh they just issue an RMA. Which is great, but sometimes I don't want a refund I actually need a part/help etc.

And that is where OCUK have it numbered. They have the buying/selling power of Caseking, far beyond any other retailer's dreams and exactly the sort of customer service you need. When you post to these guys they are passionate about PCs and it shows.

The free postage thing has saved my balls so many times, though. I order something and bloody forget something and usually I've got a £3 odd charge before I even begin. There are times when I've ordered stuff and it must have actually cost them money. 99p fitting for example second class post in a padded envelope. But they don't care about picking peanuts out of poo they just deal with it. Amazing tbh.

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Looks like shops across Europe are catching up to prices in America.

Overclockers has bumped up the price of their cheapest out of stock RX 580 to £278.99
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-194-gi.html

The Sapphire Vega 56 Nitro has shot up to £799 from £530 when it came out just weeks ago
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...-graphics-card-limited-edition-gx-38c-sp.html

Cheapest 1080ti in stock is a crappy blower fan one for £859
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-40z-as.html

In Germany it ain't better:

Vega 56 at Mindfactory? One lonely model listed at 799 Euro:
    https://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Grafikkarten+(VGA)/Radeon+RX+VEGA.html

Cheapest 1060 6GB there?
    348 Euro
    https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...ormX-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Retail-_1122584.html

The cheapest 1080ti in stock happens to be the same "bargain basement" model from Asus as at overclockers,
    this time priced at 828 Euro
    https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...urbo-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Retail-_1158936.html

19. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

The cheapest 1080 I could find is 600€. Then I checked prices between 1070, 1070ti and 1080, and that just made me laugh (read: cry) even more.

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest