1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Suggest a basic card for 3 Screens

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arboreal, 23 Dec 2016.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Well-Known Member

I have a rig that's been running 3 screens (1x did on DI and 2 analogue on VGA) over 2 Nvidia cards. The GT520 makes the Win10 PC freeze whatever I do.

I'm temporarily running an HD5450 + the PCIe 1x Quadro, but the PC seems unhappy and laggy with it.

I can't remember when 3 screen support came in, and am looking for a cheap card that will run 2 analogue screens via VGA + adapted DVI-I + 1 digital screen in HDMI, but also the ability to run 2 digital in the end when I change 1 screen over.

Hope that makes sense, if not ask....Thanks

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Im sure that for AMD 5670 was one of the cheaper ones that supported multi screen eyefinity, but you had to use the displayport on the rear of the card with an active DP>DVI-D . Not sure about Nvidia it was the 6 series but not entirely sure if it was on the lower models but you can use surround without any active adapters.

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I'm pretty sure I can connect 3 screens to my GTX 660 without any active adaptors.

4. Arboreal

Arboreal Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I did think that AMD 5xxx was the first series to run 3 on eyefinity. I have a 4670 and a 5450; both underequipped for this job.

However, I am running a GTX660 in my gamer, which could be used to test the 3 screen setup :cooldude:

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Failing that im sure you could pick up a 5850 or a 6870 for very little moneys .. they have enough grunt to even game ( older stuff ofc ) I used to use triples for sim racing on a 5850 Rfactor , GTR2 and the like and it was perfect.