1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Suggest me a Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mighty Yoshimi, 12 Feb 2014.

1. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Hello!

I was looking for some guidance on graphics cards. Basically my fiancées brother wants an old hp buisness machine I've got.

It's an E7200 machine with no connectors for gfx cards. He's really only going to be playing the likes of HL2 and other fairly low requirement games.

I was hoping someone can suggest a graphics card that doesn't require suplimentary power but will meet his needs. It doesn't need to be a new card, legacy is fine!

Thanks

2. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

If it has no connectors for graphics cards where are you going to put a graphics card?

3. Mighty Yoshimi

Sorry my bad has a pci-e but i meant no PSU connectors!

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

The forthcoming 750 might be right up his street. Although depending on the PSU it might be better to grab a second hand 560 or something and just use a molex to 6pin splitter to provide extra juice.

5. Mighty Yoshimi

Thanks. I obviously don't want anything that's going to be bottlenecked too much. 95% of the time he's doing uni work so visual appearance isn't something he cares about too much.

He's been waiting to play Ceasar IV and whole bunch of other games for almost 10 years!

6. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Definitely worth checking out the quality and rating of the PSU that's in there.

If you find it's something like a 180/200w PSU you may have issues running even an entry level GPU.