1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Super LAN Boy front door cover

Discussion in 'Modding' started by zachjowi, 17 Aug 2005.

1. zachjowi

zachjowi What's a Dremel?

I have an Antec Super LAN boy case and I want to remove the front door with out breaking it or the hinge pins. How shoud I do this? The reason I wan to take it of is so I can put an LCD behind the back of the door.

2. csTYCOON

csTYCOON What's a Dremel?

I just pulled mine really hard haha...worked :p

3. zachjowi

did you break it?

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Take the whole front panel off, it's only a few screws. If you want you can just take the ones out of the hinge side out, and it'll let you bend the frame so that the dor just pops out. Don't be too afraid to force it, it's quite strong.

5. zachjowi

If I don't want to cut up my front door how could I make a replica using Bondo?

6. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

not out of bondo..., its a filler, its not really meant to be somelike that..., only advice i can give, is you cannot plan enough ur first go at it, measure it 3+ times, pracitce cuts, think of how lcd will be mounted etc, if u do it right the first time, you wont have to worry about it...

7. zachjowi

If not bondo is there any other type of material I can use like when people make custom fitting sub boxes?

8. Graffix

Graffix What's a Dremel?

they use mdf and then fill it out with fiberglass :D

9. zerokool04

zerokool04 What's a Dremel?

I broke the door off my Antec plusview, So I emailed asking them nicely where I could buy a replacement.
    The replied asking for a invoice for the purchase of my case, So I provided an ebuyer print screen, and within a week they had sent me a whole new front, and I had only asked for the door. Im not complaining though its great for spares, but I mean you dont get any better customer service than that.

10. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

i just popped my off with a little force it didn't break. I have done this a few time and it is still one piece.