1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition DRM explained

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 May 2011.

1. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

1.1 patch removes DRM from retail version of witcher 2 :)

oh and since we're discussing DRM ...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 29 May 2011
    dark_avenger likes this.
  2. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Capcom please don't hurt the people that actually pay for your game. I won't buy games with such stupid restrictions. Case in point, Farcry 2 was £2.50 this week on steam. Didn't buy it, why? Because it has install limits which I think is insane. It's a couple of years old as well, why don't they remove it? Anyone who was going too pirate it already has *sigh* such backward thinking.

Also I bought SF4 and gave up playing very quickly as GFWL sucked so hard. The emailing messaging system is from another era and me and my mate never got voice chat to work. It worked fine on Resident Evil 4 but not on SF4 so matches got dull without the smack talk. Such a waste of money that was and I won't be making the same mistake twice. Thanks for making my decision easy.

Thinking about MK for ps3. Would much rather on PC but will see.

3. Xir

Xir Modder

I play singleplayer-offline, so this is a major bummer.
    Couldn't care about their "Leaderboards" either so...
    Darn I missed that.

4. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

CAPCOM.....NO!!!!!
    Bad capcom....now go to your room.

Why are some companies soooooo stupid? Just as i thought Capcom had upped there win quotient they go and pull this. It does not make economic sense to put the customers who actually buy your product to more inconvenience than those who pirate it.

If they can find anyone who will welcome this id be stunned.

There will ALWAYS be piracy. All they can do to combat it is make their games better and reward those who buy them. NO to DRM, NO to DLC.

5. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

6. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

So to translate into non-BS:

"We here at Capcom do not care about PC gaming. Since we do not live in a cave, we already know that the one thing that is guaranteed to be offensive to PC gamers is a complicated, crippling DRM system like this one. We're going to ask for your feedback anyway because that gives us better PR, and we need that so that we can sell more copies on xbox"

7. blackcell1

blackcell1 What's a Dremel?

no capcom! just bundle it with steam, its the lesser of two evils

8. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Capcom, ditch GFWL and ill buy it.

9. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

On bit-tech and the internet in general you will always find two arguments for everything, even horrible things like restrictive DRM has people that are not entirely against it, like Keivz posted above:

Fair enough.

Reason I'm pointing this out is that, even though horrible stuff like DRM that needs you to say online for a single player game does not piss everyone off, I have never, EVER read one single post from someone saying 'Hey, GFWL is not that bad I've never had a problem with it' which further highlights what a terrible, nasty, dirty, crappy, god damn AWFUL system it is.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've not had a problem with GFWL (so far), but then I've only used it with Batman AA, Dow 2, Tinker and an RTS game who's name I can't recall.

11. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Tags: Add Tags