1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbowl

Discussion in 'General' started by Dad, 7 Jan 2005.

1. danmagicman7

danmagicman7 What's a Dremel?

What? I don't see the Chicago Bears!

:p

2. fg0d

fg0d Banned

fg0d will be winnar.

3. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Maybe so, but a year makes a whole lot of difference

Miami totally outplayed them and took advantage of their so-so secondary. That's how they won. With their secondary beat up further and with their all-pro receiver Ty Law on IR, I don't think they have the firepower needed. Yes, Manning is unproven in playoffs, but he has come in his own this year and think that he'll be able to take advantage of the situation. Now, this is all assuming that the weather isn't garbage. IF it snows, Manning will have a seriosuly difficult time as he's more of a dome QB..

Good points, but you have to take into consideration that ever since game 5, every team in the NFL knew that Pitt was going to run the ball and play a smash-mouth game. Even knowing this, Pitt is able to win. You're right, being a rookie Roeshlesberger (you were close on the spelling) may not have it in him to lead the team to a victory without the benefit of Bettis and Deus Staley, but that's not an issue. Both RB's are 100% and I fully expect them to produce. The Pats know that Pitt will run the ball against them, just like everyone else, but that's fine. Steeler football is all about the ground game. Controll the run game, the opposing team tightens up their D and opens up the secondary for the long ball.

Roethlesberger didn't play more than a few plays. In fact, Maddox was pulled 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter when Cower activated Brian St. Pierre from the practice squad to play. That game shows the depth the Steelers have. We were able to beat a white-hot Bills team who were fighting for a playoff spot, and beat them with our 2nd and 3rd string players. In fact, the RB (Jason Palmer) is on the 4th string and managed to produce 100+ yards rushing in the 2nd half alone.

But it's a post about football so it's all good ;)

4. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Figured I'd get refuted on most of those points, since the only Steelers game I actually saw was vs. Giants. I can't say that that game was a shining example of how powerful the Steelers are, considering they only won by 3 to a rather mediocre team.

Oh, and I did spell Roethlisberger right. At least according to how CNNSI spells it.

5. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

Julius jones :jawdrop: , 800 yards in 8 gmaes (basicly 7, since he only played a little in one) someone do the math. what is that? 1700-1800 yards in a season as a rookie or 2nd year? Wow, with a new quarterback, Johnson and Glenn healthy, and one new cb. Cowboys, definately a playoff team.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

6. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Shouldn't you be supporting the skins? ;)
    Hopefully, Gibbs will do better next year. :blah:

7. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

No I hate the redskins, I've been forthe cowboys since i moved back to US when I was 6

8. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

The Patroits are looking better every year :rock:
    Hopefully, They win another year lol

9. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

actually they are looking worse this year, they lost to Miami and Pitts?

10. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Actually, you're right. That game was considered to be one of the trap games the Steelers played this year. That plus Eli Manning decided to come out of his shell that game. It goes to show why the Giants wanted him so badly. If you want a game to see how powerful they are this year, the 1st game that comes to mind is the Bills game in week 17. Like I said, a white-hot Bills team, arguably the hottest team in the past few weeks, fighting for the playoffs hosting the Steelers who really didn't need a win and playing in Buffalo got their perverbial clocks cleaned by the Steeler 2nd & 3rd teams. This is the first time in many years where I can say that the Steelers have a full, well rounded team. In the past they had marquee players and had a hot 1st string, but not in a long time have they had such a powerful bench and that's why I feel so good about this post season. The only way that they will lose if THEY allow themselves to be beaten.

Actually, you are right - I was beat when I posted last night and wasn't thinking straight.

11. uwannabigmak

uwannabigmak What's a Dremel?

manning has been pretty good this year... i was forgetting about that... and that Law is on IR(my dads fault)... this should be a pretty good game. I still think the pats will pull through, they always have when it counted. Im gonna try to talk to my dad and get Law to play lol... he'd never put him in if he wasnt healthy though...

12. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

If the Pats make it to the AFCC with the Steelers, I WANT LAW TO SIT THE GAME!!! :D Why is it your dad's fault that he's on IR? What happened? Last I knew he was fine..

13. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

8:00pm EST -- St. Louis Rams defeat the Seattle Seahawks 27-20. Wow that was a HELL of a game!

Next up, the NY Jets at the San Diego Chargers. Kickoff in 20 minutes...

Screw Christmas, THIS is the best time of the year! :rock:

14. Rolo

Rolo Minimodder

yeah to be fair the seahawks should have forced OT with the last play though, there were loads of drops by both teams its a bit shocking considering the amount they get paid

its alright for you giving it the 8pm malarkey tho, its 1.30 in the mornin here, damn timezones!

/settles down for next game. roll on 4am (glad for another week off before going back to uni)

15. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Man, the Seahawks game was at times ecstatic and downright infuriating. We'd get the Rams into a 3rd and long situation, the whole crowd is on their feet, yelling their lungs out, then we get an illegal contact penalty against us. Quite a few moments during the game, one of which I remember clearly being the first TD pass that got reviewed, the crowd chanted out "********" in unison.

IMO, it was more a matter of the Seahawks losing the game than the Rams winning it. The penalies extended the Rams' drives, our secondary was downright worthless at times, and we couldn't get Shaun Alexander going. The thing that pissed me off the most was all times we had a 3rd and short and passed the ball. Most of the time that bit us in the ass. If I were Alexander, I'd be pissed at those play calls, because they essential say to me "We don't have any confidence in you."

Now I'm rooting for Philly.

16. uwannabigmak

:read: my dads the pats team doc... Law has a "foot injury". hes not supposed to tell anyone about injuries but he does anyway :worried:

17. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

the whole thing is gonna be stupid....lol the bears are totally out, and they suck....and i was hopin the colts would do decently....

18. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

colts dont have a defense, but pats do.

Steelers will choke, Cowboys should have beaten them. Stupid Ritchie Anderson.

19. uwannabigmak

who knows... maybe denver will beat indy... or not........

20. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

indy over denver but then lose next round