1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Supreme Commander ACU mod Part 1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 12 Apr 2007.

1. xion

xion Minimodder

Just awesome work, this this is a work of art not a Mod, and would look quite at home in the Tate Modern, in fact i bet a whole lot less work went into the installations there!!! One things for sure... It would scare the be-jebus out of the Landlady :D

2. Springs

Springs Boing boing

what do i have to do to win this.... i would rip out my desk for this... just awsome....

3. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

while your at it GoTall, make it dance like the citrone C4 transformer :)

4. Major

Major Guest

If I don't win, and the person who does rips the PC out of the case, send the case to me, will have a nice home. ;)

5. Lian Li Lover

Lian Li Lover What's a Dremel?

How are you going to turn it on? You should put the button at the end of one of the guns so you can tell your friends "Just put your hand up the end of that cannon" :D

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

7. amdathlonfx

amdathlonfx What's a Dremel?

Superb work of art.So much hard work & brainwork went into this.GoTall u rock man.Waiting eagerly to see the 2nd part.

8. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

talent ! gd well done

9. SlappKnutts

SlappKnutts What's a Dremel?

Wow that is one impressive build! Do you really think that the polyestor needed to be that thick? 1cm? I would say 3mm would have been plenty! That thing could hold a ton! Outstanding workmanship though!

10. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

i was search 8800GTX SLI with the Bit-tech Search engine and I though I was really lucky when I found this write up. I was like, "Man they haven't posted this on the homepage yet so I must be the first one to see this."......I was wrong. Must have gotten posted a while ago lol

11. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

I'd opt for a remote, so you can scare your friends... "If I press the other button on this remote he will rip you apart" (and it would be awesome if the button really worked :D :rock: )

12. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

i think i just died and went to heaven, just out of curiosity is this rig gonna be in any way easy to "access" the internals?

13. amdathlonfx

amdathlonfx What's a Dremel?

I wonder how this thing will cope up with the heat related problems & where they put all the extra cables,Driver CDs & manuals.It would be highly appreaciative if u don't throw out the motherboard,CPU,Asus EN8800GTX etc boxes & send the boxes with the manuals,cables & CDs with the ACU while shipping.

Waiting to see the installation part very eagerly.When that will be published ?

14. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

That looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the next part now. :D

I'm just wondering how cooling is going to be achieved. Even if watercooling is used there will have to be some fans somewhere to cool the radiator would there not?

Anyway, I bow down to GoTall, you sir are a god among men.

15. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

WOW :jawdrop:
    You sure are insane Micke :D
    May i ask how much you got paid for this :rolleyes:

16. misterkholl

misterkholl modMode:on

Wow!! really impressive work!! looks fantastic! i love this way of sculping! really love!

Can't wait to see the next steps, textures, airbrush, engraving...etc...!

Hope to meet you in-person soon, and talk about this outstanding project GoTall!! congrats! :thumb:

17. Ajspeed

Ajspeed What's a Dremel?

Who would be so stupid to not use something that is going to be the best case on earth (and a great publicity idol) take it all apart and put them into a much less cool case thats just crazy.

Why would you also enter the comp if you had no where to put it.

GoTaLL Your talents will always be appreciated by the people at this website and me no matter what happens to your case :D

and you should make it GoTaLL you should make the case so when It overheats majorly at explodes like the ACU's in the game

Last edited: 15 Apr 2007
  18. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

When I first saw what was planned I was in doubt that anybody could get close to replicating the Supereme Commander.

I take my hat off you to GoTall because this really is something special. I'm really looking forward to how this evolves.

As for all those people who are only going to use the computer hardware... and do god knows what with the case :eeek: ?

I cant believe anyone would be so disrespectuful as to post such intentions , especially in a thread read and updated by the creator?

19. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

Sick......

And Go Tall, went tall :wallbash: :worried:

20. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

*jaw drop*

is there anything else humanly possible to say? lol

i sent my entry at the first announcement of this contest and im still visiting all the religious temples around the area every day.....

good luck to me!!!!!! :D (sorry guys, im usually a nice guy and support other entries as well, but NOT FOR THIS ONE, BABY!!!)

Tags: Add Tags