Well my previous version was starting to show its age and it seriously needed a face lift. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=368421&page=2 I didn't particularly like the size of the seat or the placement of the original backrest, so I started from scratch. The only part of the original chair that was used was the base and the aluminum piece that was holding the subwoofer. I cut a new seat out of MDF. Cut some cushions out of thick cell foam, then made the back, neck, and headrest pieces out of polycarbonate. The spine of the chair is two 1/2-13 steel threaded rods on a spring mount so that they're less rigid than the lower back rest. My hands aren't working all that well so my mother helped me with the upholstering work. The neck and head rests are slide adjustable so they can be set at different distances I basically wanted a chair that looks more like an ejection seat than an office chair. And I managed to achieve that with only $30 in materials and 2 days of work.