1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Susano PT1

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dopaaa, 21 Dec 2018.

1. Dopaaa

Dopaaa New Member

[​IMG]

Hello everyone. I would like to welcome you to my first fully custom project made for a good friend of mine. Feel free to leave any comments below that can help me improve my work or things that you would like to see. I hope you enjoy the build as much as I am! Thereby I present:
    SUSANO PT1

So, let's start off with the elephant in the room - the case. The case is fully custom, heavily inspired from PARVUM cases but with personal touches in aesthetics and usability. This particular case's dimensions are 335 H/ 260 W/ 330 D. It will also house a custom distro plate and a custom reservoir that's gonna be placed on the ceiling of the case. Below I'm listing the parts for this build and the 3D renders of the case:

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K
    MoBo: Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro WIFI
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4-2666MHz
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 512GB
    Hitachi Travelstar Z5K1 1TB

Loop: EK-Velocity - Nickel + Acetal
    EK-FC GeForce GTX FE - Acetal+Nickel
    EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate - Black
    EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi
    Alphacool NexXxos XT45 240mm
    Barrow Hardtube Fitting 16mm black
    Barrow G1/4" 90 Degree Rotary Adaptor Fitting black
    Barrow G1/4" Rotary Male To Male Adaptor black
    Alphacool Borosillicate Glass tubes straight + 90°
    Aqua Computer QUADRO Fan controller
    Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO PLPS - 120mm (PWM)
    EK-CryoFuel Solid Scarlet Red (Premix 1000 mL)
    MDPC-X Code Red sleeving

Below I attach the case renders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be uploading later today photos of the 3D renders for the custom reservoir as well as some photos of the first parts that arrived.

2. Dopaaa

Dopaaa New Member

A small update. I finished the 3D renders of the reservoir.

[​IMG]

The bottom part of the reservoir is 10mm thick with an 8mm deep cut.The three stripes on the top of the pressure plate of the reservoir are 5mm tall.The pressure plate will be made from 10mm plexi cut in a router to give the result shown. I made the stripes hollow creating walls of 2mm thickness so that, when the fluid passes through you will be able to see the actual color of it as well as the movement.

[​IMG]

I just received the watercooling parts, mobo and PSU. Will be posting photos of them during the weekend.

Last edited: 21 Dec 2018
  3. EKJake

EKJake EK Forum Rep

Looking forward to this! :D

4. Dopaaa

Dopaaa New Member

Hello guys. Merry Xmas! I didn't update the log since I got a little sick and was off for 3-4 days and there were Christmas in between.

[​IMG]

First off we got the mobo!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excuse me for the ugly backgrounds and the not-so well photography!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The i5 9600K posing next to the AORUS logo

[​IMG]

I will be uploading more photos by the time I get completely well. I'm currently waiting for the RAM to arrive, the rest of the parts are here and I'm doing some final additions to the case for a drain system.

5. Dopaaa

Dopaaa New Member

Hello guys. Today I got some time and I managed to take some photos :D Please feel free to leave a comment whether you like it or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gotta love the EK boxing <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, a problem came up while I was trying to mount the cpu block. It's ok for the photos but I couldn't proceed to proper installation. One of the four M4 screws cannot sit properly on the backplate no matter what. I tried everything, I even trimmed the rubber gasket as the installation manual suggested that some mini ITX motherboards might need it. Nothing worked and now I'm waiting for an answer from EK.

[​IMG]

Still waiting for the RAM but from the 1st- 2nd of January I will be posting some photos of the GPU + its block.

6. Dopaaa

Dopaaa New Member

Hello guys once again! The RAM kit finally arrived (it took almost a month) so I took some photos of the rest of the parts. I did also do a girst boot to check that everything is in order.

[​IMG]

Dominators..... I really miss the days where companies would actually make funky RAM heatsinks, either factory design or aftermarket...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's this..?? :p

[​IMG]

The beast 1080 ti by EVGA. I will be installing the waterblock on this bad boy tomorrow, didn't have time to do that today..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, please leave any comments for the build or the photography, any feedback is appreciated :) I will be uploading more photos tomorrow after I install the GPU block.
    Dopa

Last edited: 18 Jan 2019
  7. Dopaaa

Dopaaa New Member

Hey guys, it's been a while since the last update. I got some news and some pics for you :D First of, the custom case has to be postponed due to some issues my friend is having now. So everything is going to be built in a Coolermaster Cosmos C700P.

Starting off with gpu and the its block. The very first thing done when I got the case.. and some glam pics of course :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some 970 EVO close ups..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After some planning and shrouds removing from the case, the mobo got installed...

[​IMG]

And of course the gpu..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now.. I'm waiting for the reservoir to arrive and a ball valve by EK and I'm going to start working on the loop and sleeving.
    Dopa

8. EKJake

EKJake EK Forum Rep

Off to a good start!

9. Dopaaa

Dopaaa New Member

Hello once again guys! A small update.. Since the custom case got postponed I had to order the reservoir and some PETG tubing. Meanwhile I started working a bit on the custom cables and sleeving.

[​IMG]

So a completely new 24-pin ATX power cable for the mobo with 17 gauge wire..

[​IMG]

And the EK D5 Vario pump sleeved..

[​IMG]

Then I started preparing the rads and the route of the loop..

[​IMG]

Glass tubes are so sexy..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This small 90° glass bend gave me a pretty hard time getting to correct size and getting all the way into the fittings.. But in the end, the result was worth it..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately though, I can't install the last tube on the EK res because the Barrow fittings are a just tiny bit large and they fall on each other. So I had to order some more PETG to redo some bends I'm not that happy with and some coolant from EK, and of course some extenders/fittings. It gives me time to finish the rest of the custom cables and the sleeving.

10. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

Photos aint loading! :(

11. kim

kim hardware addict

same here :(...can't see the pics

12. Dopaaa

Dopaaa New Member

Links should be working now :)

Hey guys.. A small update! So most of the build is done.. Actually the build is up and running just some sleeving left to finish! :D

First of, the package from EK arrived and some more Barrow fittings..

[​IMG]

I got to work immediately, measuring the tube needed for the front rad and using a male-female extender + a 90° to connect the tube to the reservoir.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were a couple of issues with the sleeved cables on the 24-pin and the CPU cables, as some wouldn't sit nicely and I had to redo them all.

[​IMG]

I got the build up and running because my friend had several issues with his old PC and he could not wait. It's working just fine until I finish the rest of the cables. And it looks pretty neat as well. Of course, there hasn't been much of cable management on the back of the case since we rushed it a bit and there are still cables to be made, but here are some pics for you to get a general idea of how it looks now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be uploading even more photos of the build by the time I finish the rest of the cables and do some proper cable management on the back. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the result even though the custom case is postponed. The acetal parts from EKWB fit nicely with their Scarlet Red coolant and the Code Red sleeves from MDPC-X. As always, please share your thoughts on the build, what you may like or dislike.

Dopa