1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Swees 5.0 Anrdoid phone. A quick look.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlienwareAndy, 5 Jan 2014.

1. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

You did a recovery backup as the first step?

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

What does it score on the Antutu benchmark?
    My Moto G scored over 17000. Easily beating an S2 and pretty much equalling an S3.
    For the money it is phenomenal.
    I have owned one of these dual core Chinese phones and the build quality is inferior to the Moto G.
    Also, the finger tracking in a game like Scramble with Friends was horrendous, it simply couldn't keep up.

3. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Right. Well the next step was getting a case for the phone. Sadly you can't buy one. I found this on Ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290883209...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I got the orange one for 99p delivered.. Any way, check it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK so here's what I did. Step one and two I didn't take photos of, sorry. But basically you need to open up the case and peel off the felt backing. I then used Arctic Citrus TIM clean to remove the sticky residue. Next step was cutting out the camera area BUT only the camera area, not the leather. For this I used a slim diamond coated cutting disc in my rotary tool.

[​IMG]

Not bad..

[​IMG]

Now the phone will lie flat. I then had to mod the side bit here.

[​IMG]

So I could get to the power button. Then it was two small strips of double sided 3M foam to hold it in place, job done. I'll no doubt order myself another one to mod for when this one gets dirty. At 99p it's a steal :)

4. Andy_From_Ireland

Andy_From_Ireland What's a Dremel?

LED Notification for missed calls

hello Andy - nice review thinking of getting one meself. Has this phone got an notification LED lamp for missed calls/text and if so is it full or limited colours? - also can you tell me if the rear camer pics are pretty decent and if have autofocus and manual focus settings and iso camera settings please and hd video recording? - soz for all the questions be great to hear the answers though - cheers.

5. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Looks like he has been banned according to the status under his username.
    Just get a Moto G and save yourself the hassle.

6. tomm88

tomm88 What's a Dremel?

I've had two of these phones. First one lasted 5 hours and the hard broke and scrambled the screen. Second one lasted 24 hours before the mic broke. Having use the headphones until the eBay seller gets back to me. Brilliant for the short time they work. Avoid.