1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Switch and connector question

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RaptorRed, 2 Sep 2003.

1. RaptorRed

RaptorRed What's a Dremel?

Hello can any one tell be where i can find the connectors wich go on a motherboards headers ie hdd led power switch ect i am in the uk and have failed to find any at maplins, possibly because i am not sure exactly what i am looking for + i want to rig a switch up to my bios headers :idea: to facilitate overclocking :rock: it needs to connect * * . and be toggalable to . * * ie middle connector always connected with either of the others and i donty know what sort of switch to use.
    Any help appreciated thanks in advance,

Raptor Out.

2. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

What you are describing is a double throw switch... DT... so a SPDT or a DPDT will work.

3. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

I've seen this done before, something I might actually consider doing myself as soon as I can get a new HS. What you need is a momentary SPDT switch. It will have 3 contacts, Normally open contact A, input B and normally closed contact C. Let's say the headers on your mobo are 1-2 clears the CMOS, while 2-3 are normal. What you'll want to do is connect them 1A, 2B, 3C. That way, 2 and 3 remain in contact until you press down on the switch, then 1 and 2 are in contact for as long as the switch is held down.

4. RaptorRed

RaptorRed What's a Dremel?

cheers guys any idea about those motherboard headers i am using crimp connectors at mo but they are big and not as proffesional, cheers for the swith info will be of to maplin tommorow :) it beats revising for resits anyway!