1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Switzerland to ban violent games?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Mar 2010.

1. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Yes, a proxy will give you the "Full Fat" version of L4D2 to view in the Steam store, but you are forgetting that there are other ways that Valve collects location data - especially the credit card and address details you have to supply at purchase.
    The games are still linked to your account, and if your account says you are an Aussie, then you are out of luck, that's the version you're getting.

Can anyone tell me differently?

Edit:
    I IMed a friend (he is in Australia) to try out a proxy for me, just for the fun of it.
    When he views the L4D2 page, it shows an orange "Low Violence Version" warning.
    When viewing the same page through an overseas proxy, the warning isn't there.
    BUT.
    What happens if he tried to purchase through the proxy and Valve sees that his account is marked Australian and he is paying with an Australian credit cart and contact details?

Last edited: 24 Mar 2010
  2. dogknees

dogknees Minimodder

There are no humans in the games. Only digital representations of some small part of simulated human behaviour. They need to get their terminology right before they can ban anything.

3. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

1. by the "Low Violence version"
    2. Torrent the original version.
    3. play the original version with all the gore you want.

At least that is what I did with Fallout 3 as I got the german version.

4. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

They mess with the waves, damn them! Especially in Switzerland their beaches are littered with piers.

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

^^ LOL @ pizan

Haven't the Swiss just lifted a ban on Motorsport recently?

6. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

so was there no violence before videogames?

7. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

So if video games make us violent, then Frontlines; Fuel of War must be why we went to war in Iraq, Super Mario is to blame for the U.S. going to Somalia and here's me thinking it was all Marilyn Manson's fault why kids shoot their school mates lol We were much more violent before video gamers came out, they just give us a way of venting our angst toward those bloody foreigners lol
    And besides, nothing feels better than pwning a shouty 13 year old yank on MW2 - that puts a smile on my face all day long

Tags: Add Tags