1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Tablet PC, tx2000z and alternatives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tsen, 17 Feb 2008.

1. Tsen

Tsen Steeped In Romance

Okay, so I was going to get a tablet PC soon, and I've been looking around. I thought about getting a tx1000 or a variant of it, since they're all pretty dang cheap as far as tablets go, and they don't have half bad specs, either. Further research told me that they don't have an active digitizer, though, which means the touch screen doesn't work to well, especially when writing (your wrist cannot touch the screen while using it).
    Then I found out there was a new version--the tx2000z, which has slightly better specs, but more importantly, a digitizer for the screen.

I've still heard some bad things about it though--some people saying it's heavy (though I gather this is partly because of the DVD drive, and I *need* that, so I'll deal with the weight). Also, it uses an AMD processor, which apparently gets very warm even when slightly underclocked.

Are there any other tablets out there that use an Intel processor, but stick in the $1200 price range? My budget caps out at $1400 or so for now, so I can't go further than that.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Maybe after 6 month or so (as Dell will drop their ridiculously over the top high price) [NOTE: I KNOW it is way above your budget (mine too)]
    http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/latit_xt?c=ca&cs=cabsdt1&l=en&s=bsd
    It is supposed to have multi-touch screen later on, I mean you have to wait until Dell finishes the drivers.
    In Canada the above tablet is cheaper. For the same price, the US has a single core CPU, and in Canada you start straight with a Dual Core CPU.

I heard that Toshiba has interesting tablet PC models, but you can only customize them if you are in the US only.

3. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

Tags: