1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Tablets from Aliexpress

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kosch, 27 Dec 2017.

1. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Hi

Anyone else order any large screen tablets from the sellers on aliexpress and care to share their experiences?

Been looking at getting a cheap tablet to run some videos and simple apps to keep the young toddler amused on the flight for our first holiday in March next year.

This one seems to have alot of good feedback and for £96 sounds right up my street.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHL...-0cb1-470e-9def-1290ee233ef2&rmStoreLevelAB=5

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

If you buy one with the DHL shipping option you'll have to pay import VAT, if you buy one with just the generic shipping option it'll probably take longer to arrive but you may not have to pay import VAT or a handling charge or if you do it may be a reduced amount.

Always check for feedback on the individual sellers on Aliexpress, there's a few scam merchants on there.

The tablet looks a bargain for the specs.

I don't know if Tablets can have the same problem as phones but some phones have a vendor ROM rather than a stock or even better a Global ROM which can lead to dodgy ads/data slurping (more than normal).

3. kosch

Thanks for the reply. I figured that one linked had 1500 orders and a bunch of fairly positive reviews, although mainly Russian with some amusing translations!

Nice tip on the postage, thanks!

I was also concerned about what the ROM would ship with, although if I use a seperate play account and never do anything really important on it I guess I can reduce the risk a fair bit.

4. Byron C

Byron C *psst!* This guy is a loser!

In case you haven't purchased already, check out https://techtablets.com/ - this guy reviews Chinese tablets & laptops, so it should take some of the guesswork out of it. To be honest, some of the stuff he reviews looks just as good as any other well-known products.

kosch likes this.
  5. kosch

Havent ordered yet, will check that site out!

Byron C likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I hate DHL. They take your package hostage FFS. Then they charge a stupid handling fee of around £15. Everything I get from China comes on the slow boat and I've not had to pay a single fee yet.