1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

taking a hd out of a single hd "1+0 stripe" raid array?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by m3t4tr0n, 18 Feb 2004.

1. m3t4tr0n

m3t4tr0n What's a Dremel?

i have a single harddisk on my "Promise MBFastTrack 133 Lite" onboard raid controller. it shows me the device as a 1+0 stripe raid and everything works fine - but now i want to take it to another computer and use it on an IDE port - but that doesn't work (can only read parts of it, some problems with indices ect.) :waah: the hd has no defect! it's 100% ok.

is the problem, that you can't use a hd written on in a raid setup on an ide port?

tia

2. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

yes, they/it will need to be reformatted on a normal ide port or you have to put the promise card and drives as same setup in the other machine :( once formatted in RAID on one controller they will only work properly in RAID on the same controller (usually) until you format them differently on a normal ide chan etc

3. m3t4tr0n

m3t4tr0n What's a Dremel?

:duh: and i used it for mirroring. simply had no port free and wanted to copy some files to my second system.

man that's ***** - on my next board i'd prefer some additional ide ports in case of this raid thingy.

thanks for quick answer anyways!