1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Tall Desk Mounted TV Stand

Discussion in 'General' started by PegasusM, 1 Feb 2012.

1. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

I'm looking for a desk mounted TV mount/stand that can be clamped onto or bolted into the back of a desk and support a 32" or 37" TV. It has to be adjustable and fairly tall though, about 30" off the desk as it will be above other monitors sitting on the desk. It has to be able to support at least a 15kg TV.

A wall mounted stand would be ideal but I can't make any holes in the wall :(.

Anyone know where they sell these? The closest I've found isn't tall enough.
    http://www.vivomounts.com/single_ar...ystem_for_lcd_monitor_screen__tv_up_to_37.asp

Thanks, not sure if this was the best place for this so an admin can move if I'll get better help elsewhere.

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

It sounds like you'll have to create one or get one custom made. You could use an arm from a desk kit that supports 15kg or over, but the 30" you need is far and above any I can find too. I'd be tempted to source a long enough pole that's the same diameter and re-make (or have re-made) the desk clamp with the long pole attached. I would also recommend some extra bracing.

You say you can't wall mount - what about a ceiling mount?

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I'd very worried about a desk mounted stand at that height, which is why you probably can't find one. It's going to be putting a lot of torque pressure on the mounting, which would probably result in failure of the mounting hardware, or damage to the desk.

A home made solution may work, using a mount that doesn't simply clamp to the desk.

4. PegasusM

Thinking about it 22" should be high enough. Still higher than what I've found though. I can't ceiling mount either but thanks. Does seem like I may have to make something or find another solution.
    That's what I'm starting to think Cei but even if it had 2 mount points on the desk to spread the load that would be okay and should be secure enough.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

2 points would be better than one, yes.

My recommendation would be more along something that actually goes to the floor and can actually spread out its load laterally somewhat. Something akin to this, but home-made without wheels or the shelf:

[​IMG]

6. PegasusM

That would work but I'm not sure I could make something like that. If I don't find anything else I may have to look into it. Thanks

Edit: Something like this then?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/B84-PRT-Single-Pole-Floor-Stand/dp/B003NEO088/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1
    Does seem very expensive for what it is though.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2012
  7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah, something like that - but you're right, price is ridiculous. You could make one out of wood, then mount a standard TV bracket on top. The big difference is simply the larger base to spread the load.

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

That is actually pretty cheap. We buy a fair amount of these things for work and and the prices start at £450 for a Unicol floor stand.