1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taxes; A joke.

Discussion in 'General' started by overdosedelusion, 18 Mar 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

What the hell does Gordon Brown think he's playing at?

My NI contributions are 11% of my pay (which is taken fortnightly)
    Then Income tax is 22% on top of that (also fortnightly)

(And then to rub salt in the wound, my council tax is set at £1300 (dad pays half) a year, for services i'm never, ever going to use)

I may aswell be a ****ing slave labourer.

Someone shoot that *******, he has a bottomless pit in his pocket. He understands the value of money about as much as your average female shopper.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2007
  2. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

So vote Tory.

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Move to another country?

4. dom_

dom_ --->

Wait until you pay goes up and they take even more.
    Thats fun.
    Also knowing your getting a bonus, then seeing how much you actually get.

On the plus side i got a £43 refund this year, made filling out the tax return almost worthwhile.

5. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Move to Belgium, we have taxes on labour up to 52%, not counting the extra's for the employer...

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ours run to 50% if you earn enough, add onto that National Insurance and Council tax, and it's a real ballache.

7. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

There isn't a day goes by that I think I should.. circumstance won't allow though.

I'm just way peeved, reading around it says that taxes haven't been this high since the 80's.

What's more, is that all this money is going on all the things I don't support such as ID cards, and planning permissions for uber flats, whilst worthwhile services such as the NHS and post offices takinge huge cuts. :wallbash:

8. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Council tax in my area is gonna take the piss soon when they introduce the new law where places in London will get charged more due to the value of you house/area. its going up 5% which is alot of money considering that i pay £1500+ already for the year.

What will really take the piss is i know that this may sound grim to some of you is when my parents die and as im the only child everything is being left to me. Its weird that how my mum and dad said what will happen as apparently with a boatload of money my parents are leaving me will have to pay inheritance tax......WTF?

So they take money from me when my parents die? and then theres the usual monthly jacking they do to me?

Don't even get me started on London transport costs and how iam paying for the Olympics.

9. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

And even after the inflation busting council tax rise, they want to reduce rubbish collections to twice monthly.

The only service I use with the local council and the ***** want to reduce it.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2007
  10. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

You get yours twice a week.... geez we get ours every fortnight... recycling material one week, general waste the next week... so in summer... maggoty lovelys!

11. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

The company you work for pays corportation tax.

The money that gets paid to you after this corporation tax, overheads, debts and share holder dividends are taken out is taxed again, 25-50% depending on the amount you earn.

From the money you have left after the government has taken it's share the local government pipes up and demands another big chunk of your hard earned wonga for priviledge of living in their rathole.

Now whenever you spend what precious little you have left you'll be slapped with another 17.5% value added tax... I mean just where is the ****ing value in that?

Of course you have to get to work and due to the shocking state of our public transport system that most likely means you'll have to get into a box with four wheels most commonly called a car. If you actually want to run one of these things it is law you'll be swindled every single year with something known as insewer-ance. The great catch with this if you actually ever use your insewer-ance. for anything other than complying with governance you'll suddenly find yourself paying double premiums or worse un-insewer-able. So more of your hard earned moolah dissapears saving for the inevitable renewal each year of extremely expensive insewer-ance. Now many of you will notice I missed the duty you pay every time you go to the pumps to fill up this box on wheels, which agains dissapears to the government.

Now you may look at what little cash you actually have left at the end of each month and think hell it could be me and splash some cash on a shiny little bit of paper for £1 or £1.50 that might if you're extremely lucky (14 million to 1 or 78 million to one) be able to be exchanged for a whole truck load of bits of paper. However, the flip side to this is the lottery fund. Now originally this had a wonderful alturistic role of supporting small clubs around the country with charitable donations. The government in it's infinite incompetence with money soon realised that this money could be missappropriated for use on worthy, but not charitable, causes. These you might think should be paid for by your taxes rather than using the lottery fund as a form of sneak tax. £657 million has been allocated for 2012 Olympic Games, now I certainly didn't say they had permission to do that in preference to supporting smaller organisations.

So how about getting away from it all and our ****** money grabbing piece of **** government? Well I'm afraid to say even then you'll be slapped with yet more taxes if you want to fly, airport taxes and the wonderful new green tax. Now green taxes are according to the powers that be meant to make you take less journeys.... This is ****ing ********, people desperately want to leave this chav infested isle and find greener shores and the only thing more tax will ever do is push more people into IVAs or declaring bankruptcy.

The end result of this is a pitiful amount of money left in your grubby mits and a big pile of money, through direct and indirect taxation, with a bunch of pratts who couldn't find their arse with both hands :miffed:

12. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

You don't have a dustbin? You don't want the fire brigade round if your house catches fire? Or street lighting? Or were you just referring to things like libraries and education? :confused:

13. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Sorry .. I meant twice monthly.

14. MrBadidea

MrBadidea What's a Dremel?

How about you get the hell out of the country then?

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

you're complaining about 22% income tax? You should give the 40% bracket a go, thats even more fun.

you'll get over it.

if you dont, you may want to try this
    complaining about taxes is so passé

Last edited: 19 Mar 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.