1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Team Fortress 2 Beta Impressions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Oct 2007.

1. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Whole thing with the healing gun is blown way out of proportion

Medics = win if you got one healing you and is god for a rush if you and a medic get together but its easy to take out a medic

For a start, no you cant infect people thats gone from the game and in terms of the invincibility its very short lived and with a sentry guns pounding you makes it almost useless as you cant move and takes awhile to charge it up think at most getting 26 points as a medic I got 2 ubercharges during the whole period.

And nades? I missed them for about the first 2 seconds then realised this is probably one of the most balanced games Ive ever played so I wasnt paticularly bothered and werent really missed.

2. knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy Professional Winner

Agreed.

The proper use and placement of medics does make-or-break a team. A very good key strategy point.

3. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

haha you joke but i've seen this done
    i was the soldier at the head of the line, team had like 6 medics and they were in a huge chain and healing each other/me when neccesary
    we raped tbqh :D

4. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Well I'm glad that medics can't infect (they were quite a pain in the rear for me -a sniper- on 2fort), although that is what made them so hated in TFC. I always hated dieing from infection. So much in fact that I would usually just kill myself instead of a giving a medic a point lol.

Looks like I'll have to try this game out.

5. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Snipering with medics wasn't a problem if you peeked at the door everytime you heard footsteps. Even concussion-jumping water-born medics could be shot midair...

6. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

There are 2 new maps out to cp_lazytown and ctf_mach

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

It's an amazingly fun game, watch the class interview videos for laughs.

Correction: Page four, above the picture of the Pyro, you wrote bowls. Unless if the intel. is hidden in a bowl, it's bowels, misspelled.

8. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

so glad i put my pre order in, 25th cant come fast enough

9. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

I don't know whats more worrying

the fact i know where 95% of that came from (where was the flamey bit from?) or the fact someone actually made a video of it

Edit:
    Last page
    Should be chuckling

10. jakenbake

jakenbake full duplex

spies are over-powerful. valve, get rid of the totally invisible cloaking please.

11. troutfisher

troutfisher What's a Dremel?

Love the game, but I still have a few problems. Hope that they are fixed soon.
    1. The game won't load my Steam ID and there is no in game option to supply a user name. I have to always play as "Unknown"
    2. During some maps the game won't log my points. I remain at 0 no matter how many kills or caps I get.

Overall the game is great fun.

12. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

I hope you mean the sapper and not the cloak (untrue!)

Also friendly fire has been removed from the svars till they fix issues like pyros not being able to damage teammates

13. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Well i think the scouts are overpowered. I have tried to kill one with almost any (non scout) class and it never happend. He just runs around to all points where ammo and healthpacks would be and rush at me again. I was to slow to get any healthpack so i was dead before i could type this sentence.

yeah.. Very.. funy.. to ditch the grenades and not telling me. I have searched anywhere in the menus/console how i could throw secondary type devicves. I actualy had to read here that you cant.

Did not see any sticky bomb gun in my inventory when i was playing a demoman. (yeah strange)
    Building a tranporter takes ages (i mean before it activates)
    I found the spy "menu" non practical and confusing.
    Often when i wanted to do some inventory things when i was a engi, i would accedently blow up my sentry
    How do i aim (turn around) a sentry. Did not find it yet.
    i miss de concs, all those puzzle and weird training levels we loved to do in tfc are now absolete i guess.
    I still hate and always will hate snipers.

14. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Yes I mean the sapper is removed and personally I think having pyros damage teammates would make that class seriously annoying. Being set aflame by the enemy gets me mad enough!

15. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Scouts are easy i can kill em as pretty much every class including demo
    Its the 2nd gun down 1st one is grenade launcher 2nd is your stickybomb hold fire down to basically make it travel longer distances and 3rd option is a bottle to hit people with.
    Well you can see why it allows people to cut out nearly a whole map in same instances like dustbowl so if it gets blown up you have to retreat a bit usually
    How you mean non practical and confusing I found it easy to understand went in and bang I was doing everything a spy could fair enough I wasnt sure what the sapper was but soon found the use for that.
    Only done that once in about 20 hours+ of gameplay and that was through sheer stupidity of not chekcing me menus and flying through em with my mouse wheel too quick
    You cant, although a sentry can cover its backside if need be but it takes a little bit of time to turn around. If your talking in terms of placing it in a corner your best bet is to stand with your back in the corner and build the sentry directly infront of you.

16. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

You can rotate engi stuff, well atleast at the 'blueprint stage' - just click right click to rotate it 90 degrees (before you build)

17. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

This game looks great, haven't played the original, but I may just have to get an upgrade (and fix my computer first). Definitely getting the orange box, and HL1 (I know I know its tragic, I have never played HL :jawdrop:)

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

*SLAP*

BEGONE!

19. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Don't worry, I will, I will.

20. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Maybe I'm a bit too passionate about my games, but it actually physically pains me when I hear people say that they haven't played HL. It was the same when I found out that nobody in the whole of Bit-tech staff had finished Deus Ex except me and Brett...which is a dramatic way of saying Tim and Bindi.

Seriously though dude, you should play it! :D

Tags: Add Tags