1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Team Fortress 2 trailer now available online

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 20 Jul 2006.

1. Luukas

Luukas What's a Dremel?

But... team fortress is far from serious. I really don't think people would want to see some guy with an MP5 doing concussion grenade jumps. :eyebrow:

I find this art style to be a welcome change anyhow. Don't really need photorealism/true-to-life design in any games other than proper simulators (IL2, RBR etc.).

2. r-gator

r-gator What's a Dremel?

I LOVE it. Of course being an animator probably helps that a bit. I'm glad to see something fresh looking in the genre of FPS. I'm,frankly, bored with the super realism that games keep striving for. I play games to escape from reality not to it.

I love the character designs. I think it's a nice departure from having the same basic model with a uniform change on it. Now when you play you will be able to tell exactly what is coming at you based on silhouette alone.

I think saying they look like Pixar's characters is unfair. I can see where the comparison would be made, but there are quite a few other animated films out there that have the same "Super Toon" style. Of course Pixar does do it best, but that is a topic for another post.

I'll totatlly play it when I'm done with Ep2.

Looking forward to Portal as well although I don't know if my old brain will be able to handle the relocation vertigo very well.

3. wajt

wajt What's a Dremel?

i love the new style, its very fitting to tf gameplay

still, i wish they had made the hwguy an updated version of the tfc old model that looks like an astronaut, it was hilarious

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

a question to all that played TF:

what were the characteristics of each class?

was the spy usefull?

5. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

This looks like it'll reinstill something that a lot of new games are missing: a laugh. Ultra-realistic FPSes are fun to play, but you can't beat something like Serious Sam, with its cartoony, over-the-top graphics, for LAN play. This should hopefully be much the same :)

6. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Spy was great, that was my role in the clan i was in :D

*edit* Looking back, TFC was only ever good if you were in a clan... I always found public servers to be full of rambo type players trying to go it alone, completely disregarding the team aspect! I hope this changes with this revision!!

Tags: Add Tags