1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The decision I came to in the end was that "This is the best multiplayer game I've ever played since I first played a multiplayer game. Tim thinks it's at least as good as CS:S and could only be beaten by 1.6. BUT that doesn't make it a perfect or infallible game. For me to give a 10 to something I suppose I'm really looking for something fresh or unique or rare. Games like BioShock, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, etc - which only come along once every five or so years.

TF2 is an awesome game and IS the best multiplayer game I've played, but it is essentially just a well balanced remake and team based multiplayer games like this are a dime-a-dozen (See: Quake Wars). If it had just one or two extra game modes which were something I hadn't seen before then it would have got a ten I think.

Ten is a number, true. But it also represents something about the game to communicate that games like this don't come along often and that this one is worth killing your grandma for. TF2 is worth killing for, but isn't exactly the freshest thing in the world despite it's cool presentation and excellent graphics.

2. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

Shun the Non-Believer, SHUN, SHUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!

3. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I didn't like it a huge amount.

I prefer FF to be honest...

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Yeah you are right, aside from the fact classes have less abilities, or not been buffed or nerfed from previous TF games, no grens!?!?1, and its very slow paced, the shallow gameplay layered with pretty snazzy graphics makes this a must play game! Play QW:TF, TFC, FF, anyother fortress game, and come and explain what TF2 has built on apart from having the same 9 classes?

I have read there is going to be a gren mod for TF2, but with the way the game is set up it'll be a spam fest, which is why they took grens out in the first place I assume, because it (the spam fest) didnt play well (and I say that loosely :p ) on the consoles with the console controllers. I just dont feel like I'm involved when I play, I want to be bhopin, priming grens and shooting people and going for the flag, rather than running around, shooting people and going for the documents, the respawn timer and 90 (that max at moment?) fov also adds to the leisurely pace and feel of the game. I don't think TF2 is a bad game, just bad in comparison to other fortress games ;)

5. Mayer

Mayer What's a Dremel?

Hah, I guess it's about time to tell friend of mine to update his Team Fortress 2 website/forum or whatever it is.

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Is the PC game X-platform with the PS3 or 360?

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

No cross platform at all tmk.

8. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

God I hate Pyro, he can't do anything at all :(

9. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

haha you're kidding right? after they boosted pyro towards the end of the beta hes probably the closest thing to overpowered TF2 has

10. KoenVdd

KoenVdd What's a Dremel?

I love Pyro, you just need to know when to use the shotgun and when the flamethrower. It might be me but I think Pyro is especially a suicidal class, wading into heavy defended area and setting everyone on fire but being killed just moments after (I love o hear the soldier scream fire, the auto-taunts are done extremely well). Can't get more than 6 kills, but it's worth it (maybe I die so fast in battle because of my crappy GFXcard). Pyro is excellent when you team is trying to defend it's last control point.
    My biggest problem is that nothing shows up on your HUD when you finally killed someone. Because there's usually many people dying and killing at the same time it would be nice to know which ones you killed without having to check through the obituaries (the scroll at the top). Especially when you're a Pyro and it may be a while after before they die.
    And at times their so said attempts to reduce stalemates seem to make it impossible to recover after a bad start (or I always seem to be on the bad team (had a heavy that kept hidding behind cover even when I ubercharged him, GOD I hope the n00b factor will wear of quickly (although be fair, I'm not the best player ever as well)). There seem to be little retaliation chances.
    I've never played the original, but if it is better than this WOOOOW.

11. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Koen,

Try the Fortress Forever (FF) mod, this is as close as it gets to the original TFC but with new eycandy...

Tags: Add Tags