1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temp USA work Visas

Discussion in 'General' started by pranks7er, 15 Feb 2007.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

im interested in moving to the USA to work for a while, but im looking at immigration websites and im confused, how exactly do you go about getting a work permit, how long does it last, has anyone here done it are curently doing it, im considering the state of hawaii, they have a shortage of IT personnel it seens form reports.

any ideas??

2. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

3. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

it seems complicated lol do i have to get a job to sponser me?

4. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Depends upon the type of job. Most of the time its a lot easier if you have a company that is sponsoring you, they take care of a lot of the paperwork and hassle. I'm not sure currently if a job is required though.

5. d3fiant

d3fiant What's a Dremel?

I looked into this last year and found it most confusing, it seemed to me that to get a visa u had to have a job, and to get a job it was almost a certainty u had to already have the visa, a catch 22, I have now turned my attention to Canada, that seems much more interested in hiring skilled immigrants than the US

6. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

seems that u can find jobs but u need to pay some fee to access the jobs that are wanting visa applicants!! why so tough get into lol uk lets anyone in lol

7. offroadracer789

offroadracer789 What's a Dremel?

I dont know why they make it so hard to come over legally. Good Luck though.

Is the UK job market tough? Im just curious why you would want to come over.

8. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

casue i think im in love with hawaii hahaha just back form a visit, some place already has emailed me about summer work, an irish bar of all places lol, also i think im jsut bored and unsettled i think i need a challenge and experience in life

9. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Hopefully you get a job in Hawaii...its warm there...and beautiful...

If you ever stop in Chicago, we have good food, very unhealthy, but good.