1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

temperature sensor problems?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nukm69, 2 Jan 2006.

1. nukm69

nukm69 What's a Dremel?

I have a gigabyte ga-k8u motherboard with a 754 sempron 2800+
    When using speed fan it tells me 35c/93f on ambient
    but remote 1 is 57c/133f (with fire icon). Im not able to locate a diagram explaining where the sensors are on the motherboard so i can find the area that needs cooling.

I just replaced the stock cooler with a zalman 7000B-Cu hoping to solve the problem....no go.

Any advise would be cool or if you have the motherboard temp sensor locations that would help me greatly.

thanks in advance

2. Sgoaty

Sgoaty Minimodder

3. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Yeah tats a good point If it's your graphics card then that is very acceptable my old 9800 XT used to Idle @ 60C. Also how is your airflow in the case?

I have a slight suspishion it's the VRM mosfett are they're any heatsinks around the CPU sockect? If so, are they hot? Or are ant componants hot around the cpu?

-Fr4nk

4. nukm69

nukm69 What's a Dremel?

OK i figured it out, The over heatng temp was the northbridge chip and the crashing was being caused by the videocard, I turned it down to 4x as opposed to 8x and now no crsshing, the videocard wasnt overheating, the temp only varied by 2 degrees.

Thanks for the help people.
    peace