1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Terraria a simple pumpkin moon arena (Spawn control)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MSHunter, 7 Nov 2014.

1. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Hi my fellow gamers, I have been trying to figure out an easy to build an arena, using only pre moon items, beat the pumpkin moon event. While also not being too difficult to use. My design is based on spawn control, invulnerability and a mix of melee and minions.
    The choice of weapons and accessories are vital to be able to complete the event including enough level 15 time to get all items at least once on the first try. I did this originally just to get raven staff....

Weapons:
    Mushroom Speer
    Optic Staff
    Nimbus Rod
    Staff of the Frost Hydra

Accessories:
    Pygmy Necklaces
    Hercules Beetle
    Celestial Stone
    Avenger emblem
    Destroyer Emblem

The arena is absolutely tiny and only works if you force mobs to spawn on the "Spawning Deck"

(as always start with a flat surface and block off any underground holes (I do not do desert because then you can not build at spawn))

Arena Pit:

13 blocks wide
    17 blocks deep
    11 Spear Traps line the roof/ground level pointing into the pit.

Spawning Deck:
    25 blocks up from ground level (@ 1080p resolution)
    20 blocks wide using at least 6 teleporters covered in mob pressure plates. Link these in groups of 3 (one of each color wire)
    to 2 teleporter exits on either side of the pit.

Spawn Control:
    Lava either side of arena @ 1080p that's about 2 full screens or until you no longer find loot in the lava (I use pirate invasion as it is super easy to farm the maps)
    2x Water Candles one at the top and one at the bottom for eclipses and invasions.

Invulnerability and fighting position:
    at the bottom of the pit dig a hole just big enough to fit a teleporter at the bottom topped with a slim statue on a 1 sec timer. seal this pit with 2 active block that you have hammered flat and connect to a switch.

Now the slim is what keeps you alive to make sure it spawned with the map was empty.
    You use a grappling hook (any kind) to hold your self halfway in the honey and seal the pit.

If you did this all correctly you should now be taking 1 damage from slims and be able to use non swinging weapons without killing your hero slime.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the imminent release of 1.3 update I figure a few people might be playing again and would like to have endgame items using a self build arena that doesn't take days to construct. this took me about 10 minutes once I had all the items and it uses few enough traps that you should be able to just use the ones from one world gen.

Happy hunting and I hope some one finds this useful ;)

(yes its very rough and unrefined and its is supposed to be that way to show just how easy it is to build)

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Next up the X-mass event. So far no luck with pre-xmass items reliably getting past level 20,
    using a simple arena. I can get too level 20 just, using the horseman's blade and a procing room.
    but the flight path of the frost-queen is not controllable and the pumpkins often miss until she stands still. Maybe I just need to spawn mods faster. So far slimes and gold fish spawn the fastest.

At the minute I use 12 mod statues and 3x 1 sec timers and a few traps to help with ground based mobs.