1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrible sound quality

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Schniz2, 22 Oct 2007.

1. Schniz2

Schniz2 What's a Dremel?

Im using my sisters computer at the moment and she was about to buy a new set of speakers because the sound was all crackly... ive got it in my room now with my speakers which are beautifully clear with my computer (they are 2.1 logitech... Z-something.. about $250).. but.. sound quality is horrible!!! songs are all dull and a crackle can be heard. also, when you put a disc in the drive.. you can actually hear it through the speakers!!! how weird is that!..

anyway, i was guessing ill have to buy a new sound card?... it just has an on-board one now... but if i put a new one in.. will it override the on-board one?

thanks

2. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

on board sound is junk. buy a seperate card for the pc and you will hear a difference. you will need to disable the onboard sound in the bios and install the drivers for the new card but thats all.

3. poot

poot What's a Dremel?

onboard sound is fine for me.

in fact i sold my audigy2 card as i couldnt tell any difference between it and onboard.

I have had crackles in games befre.
    solved this by using older sound drivers

4. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

When doing a build for someone and the choice between using onboard or a sound card comes up I ask them one question.

"Do you like hearing your USB ports?"

Every single onboard card i have ever heard makes a crackling/beeping sound that corresponds to the activity light on a usb device. Very annoying to me anyway.

Sounds like a bad card, get a real sound card in there and give it a try.

5. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I agree 100%. I have never found an onboard sound that I liked. the one on my p5k dlx pops and crackels. the laptop i am on now crackels a lot. A sound card isn't that expensive and you can keep them for a while. I am still using an audigy from years ago.

6. Schniz2

Schniz2 What's a Dremel?

thanks guys.

ill go buy one :). just wanted to make sure i wasn't overlooking anything obvious.

thanks again.