1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing parts?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sk8phreak88, 23 Feb 2006.

1. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Minimodder

Hey there fella's, Hows it goin?
    Well the other day I guess my friends PC just up and shut off on him for no reason He took it to geek squad :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: And they told him That because 1 of the screws for the motherboard Was not in the hole, it probly caused it all to short out. :eyebrow: But Then they seen that I was behind them and they told us to leave :hehe: (Long story to that but to sum it up, my friend and I set up a virus onto a computer (knowingly how to undo what it would do) And they told us we would have to reformat, but that might not work and that we should buy this other hard drive because of some bull crap or other, I said hang on can I try one thing? Guy goe's "sure won't do much good though" I hit the assigned keys we had set, and the "virus" was gone.. We then sat there all day telling the people commming for help to skip them and go to someone with more knowledge.))

So He went and bought a motherboard and now his pc's working again. He said I could take the old mobo if I swapped them arround, but he didn't let me try to fix it as he was in a hurry to get goin on vacation. Well now I've got a MSI K8N Neo Platinum Socket 754 just sittin round here.
    I was wondering if there is a place I can send it to that can test it out for me? Free of charge?
    It's probly a long shot, or are there any memebers on here that have a spare cpu that could try it out?

If I had a 754 CPU I'd try it, but even the lowest 754 cpu is better then my measly 2200+Tbred.

Thanks guys!

2. Boswell

Boswell Minimodder

am i the only one who has read it 10 times and still doesn't know the background info :/

to sum up in english what i think you have said...
    you took it to a shop they gave bad advice
    you then pressed some buttons on the keyboard (?) and then it worked.
    Then you sat at the shop all day (fun or what :D ) telling people to not go to the shop, then you got told to leave?

meanwhile even though the virus had gone your friend bought a new motherboard.
    Your now left with a socket 754 mobo...

answer to your question...

yes any reasonable computer shop
    or a mates house
    no, if the mobo was broken for some reason it might take the test cpu with it... + it takes time to do this. time = money, period.
    free of charge at a mates house of course :)