1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development testing site security [legitimate]

Discussion in 'Software' started by lex90, 27 Aug 2007.

1. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

So, a friend of mine has asked for my help.

He has designed a website for school and he needs people to help test it. It is a website where people can input data and it calculates and stores it.
    Now not just your usual testing, ie. Data entry, try to get errors etc.
    But he wants to see if people can take it down as it is going to be hosted on the school server and they want it to be secure.

So I am looking for people who would be willing to help.

If you could PM me and i will give you a link to it, its currently hosted on his computer so there are going to be some regulations (No DOS attacks and such). I cant publicly post the site because he first wants to make sure it is safe.

So please, do help out:)..

Thanks A lot guys..

And sorry that this is another thread i open about a dark area of the ethics of computers and the interweb..

And no, im not trying to do anything bad here, it really is to help out a friend.

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

From what I understand, you just want to check if data injection is possible? Because serverside (school controls that) there isn't much you can do... So just keep the code simple and check for injections and you'll be fine.

Also, look if URL commands can be given (define vars in the URL)

3. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

If you would like me to have a look at it PM with your details, I do some pen testing work through my job (GM IT Security).