1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text ads - don't mind them or HATE them?

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Pope, 21 Oct 2004.

?

What do you think about Text Ads?

1. They're great - less annoying than banners, and are sometimes useful

17 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Don't mind them - they won't change my reading habits

42 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. Don't like them, but I'll put up with them if it buys more servers for bit-tech

77 vote(s)
    43.8%
  4. HATE THEM!!!! I will stop reading bit-tech if you use them!!

40 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

Standard 9800Pro on PCWCC 155 on komplett it is 134 - saving of £20

512 corsair value select pc3200 PCWCC = 73.45 @ MD * £61

saving of another £12

2. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

But some of the processors are actually cheaper on PCWCC as compared to cpucity

So overall, they are not that great ... but they are not as ridiculously priced as their normal stores either.

3. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

I suspect there's a bit of give & take on certain items, as with comparing most stores

4. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I don't really like the text ads at all. Very frustrating when browsing. I understand advertising pays for this site, but the lack of intrusive advertising (coming a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay distant second to the quality of mods and articles here) is one of the major drawcards for me to look at this site.

TBH I didn't even realise there were banner ads on this site 'til I read about them in this thread. I don't even notice the top of the page (again the keyword here is unobtrusive - but don't tell your sponsors :thumb: ) pleasepleaseplease keep the site as is (or close to it).

IF (and again IF) you have to put the text ads in, please only in the articles/reviews (which are probably about said products anyways) - not in the forums.

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

6. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

I still just don't want them on the forums.

7. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

you know, it would be nice if this company made it so that when it highlights corsair, the link goes to corsair's site!

8. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

I cant see them with opera either, but i know what they are. In my opinion they arent as bad as the banners that break up text in the middle of a review page. i dont tend to mouseover things when reading anyway. If it helps bit-tech and they arent stupid colours, then why not!

9. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

problem is they need to be clicked for bit to get any money.
    (right? or at they PPV)

10. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

while I don't really find them annoying, when ive searched for some info on google and then come across a site that has these text links, i tend to get a slightly lower image of the reliability of the site.
    Ads at the side of the page are fine, but when you start advertising actually in articles and reviews it makes me a little wary. It sort of gives a "we are only writing this cause we get more money for it" message. Don't know if anyone else feels that. The thing about picture ads and google ads is that they are seperate to the main body of the article.

Ned

11. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

i really don't like them, but i don't think it would really stop me from reading bit-tech... i love it too much