1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress tf2 heavy tribute 2-07-08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by dogneely, 1 Feb 2008.

1. dogneely

dogneely sup

is my sig working

2. FrooP

FrooP can I eat this?

nope

3. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Acrylic stand sounds good, I have no experience with the stuff on a greater than microscopic level, theres a good article on just about all there is to know about acrylic here. As for attaching the barrel to the ammo drum, on the front view of the gun you posted in your first post, theres a loop that goes from the drum, over the top of the barrel and down the other side. I would recommend getting some aluminium for that and bending it to that shape, then getting another strip of aluminium on the inside of the drum to bolt it to, that will spread load across the plastic. You dont want to be screwing the barrel just into the drum as your carbon / plastic will not hold the weight.

As for your sig, dont try putting pictures or anything too clever into it, keep it simple text and hyperlinks only changing little things like colour and size, and as for size, keep it small. I think theres a rule about it, it has however been 6 years since I read them.

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

PVC is your friend. It's cheap and can be made into anything.:D
    The fiberglass job is a little heavy-handed. For a moment there, I thought you were going to use concrete.:hehe:
    What you want to do is use the 5 gallon bucket for a mold only. It's a material that will separate from epoxy. The inside should be smooth, so it would give you a nice fiberglass surface. I would also read up on some of the fiberglass mods. The use of styrofoam with fiberglass can build some impressive stuff.

Pics aren't allowed in BT sigs.

5. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Hi dogneely, glad you're updating here again!

It looks good, I don't really know anything about fibreglass though haha :p so I'll just lurk more. But keep it coming, I'm very impressed with the work so far!