1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows TF2 Medic Update and Goldrush Map

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tsen, 30 Apr 2008.

1. Tsen

Tsen Steeped In Romance

So they released the update earlier tonight, and I've gotta say that while the content is nice, they can't update the other classes too soon. Seeing 9 medics on a team is not unheard of. 9 BAD medics. 9 pointlessly, ridiculously horrible medics who will unlock the weapons (if they can even manage that) and never actually touch them again. Anyway, praise, vent, flame and whatever else about the TF2 update.

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

whats exactly been updated?

3. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

New Map/Gamemode called goldrush - get the cart to the other team's base.

However the unlockable medic stuff has just Plain broken the game.
    I've had an hour on it this morning, and there were about 8 normal players between the two teams. and 16 medics. All healing eachother!

4. Millusdk

Millusdk What's a Dremel?

I think mabye it will even out over the next few days. I hope it will!!!

5. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

There is a console command enabling you to unlock all the achievements at ONCE...and the weapons at the same time. That's lame.

There are others to unlock specific ones. I won't tell, I found in less than 30 seconds. I'm NOT planning on using them.

6. Tsen

Tsen Steeped In Romance

I wonder if Steam's going to let them keep weapons unlocked through the console or not...I hope they don't, I'm not overly fond of people shortcutting.

7. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Still medics are everywhere, it's a total uberfernzy out there, around half of the team is a medic.

Nice treats : new Heavy sounds ! (push little cart !)

EDIT : Console commands removed. Too late for free ubersaw...

Last edited: 30 Apr 2008
  8. donnie

donnie Moddin' my way out of a paper bag

Luckly my server only allowed 1 day of medic madness then promptly put a limit on how many there could be on each team but i think that one day of medics going do-lalie was an interesting side affect of the update. GREAT FUN.

9. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

got the 1st gun and now the second, awesome update I think adding much to the longevity of the game with changing strategy's. Think things will get a little overwhelming when all classes have achivements and extra guns. Maybe after that you'll gain skill points by which you can increase character hp or speed ext which would be a great idea I think to further refine things to how you prefer to play ie have a faster heavy or a slower heavy with move health or larger clip size.

Any1 want to go on a medic achivement run or just play in general as I have no TF2 mates and I tell you its soooo hard to get achievements just by playing.

10. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

How long is the grind needed for all these achievements?

11. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

medics are beginning to annoy me, especially the ones after 10,000 heal points in a single life.
    THere they are healing you away with 100% ubercharge, you think great, attack time... and expose yourself only to find yourself blown to bits while your medic buggers off to safety without ubering you.

That and the medic assist one, where medics only bother healing/ubering each other and the rest of the team are left to die...

While i like the added acheivements in general some of them are having an adverse effect on the game

12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

That would make me rage, medics not doign their job properly gives defenders time to repair sentries.
    Then again with upgradable stuff and new weapons would make it like the traditional rtcw: enemy territories, where you can get dual pistols, mp40 + heavy weapons availible, healing, superiour spy detection, mine detection, better health etc..

would make my day tbfh.

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Finally had a good game of goldrush, only two medics me and another hwg standing by the cart no one on the other team could get close (good times). This map still seems very unbalanced towards the defenders its just bloody hard to attack.

14. naokaji

naokaji whatever

goldrush is nice, but the medic update (or better call it upgrade) is in my opinion over the top, oh well, at some point they will buff up the other classes as well I hope.

15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I think they might be bringing a pyro update soon :D

16. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Why'd you say that?

17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

because they probably wont :(

i know the scouts going to get a nailgun soon, it was in the short "meet the scout".

Tags: