1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tft's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Conrad, 23 May 2004.

1. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

Just wondering if anyone knew about any new super duper tft's coming out in the near future? Fancied one for a while now and i know everyone rants and ravs about the LG 1710B. But its been around a while now, so i dont wanna go out and buy this then have something alot better come out a few days later... Thoughts, please ;)

2. Redimp

Redimp What's a Dremel?

If you mean OLED screens I think it'll be a few years yet, as according to that article they say 2007. So unless anybody else knows anything I'd say get a TFT.

I know LG now do the L1720B which I'd assume is better than the 1710.

Last edited: 23 May 2004
  3. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

The Samsung 172X is a damned nice screen, but at around ~£400 for a 17 inch display it is very expensive. However, I think its worth it (thats why I bought one) - it has a 12ms response time, and the best image quality I have ever seen from a TFT. Colour reproduction seems better on this than the LGs I've seen too, blacks appearing closer to a true black (which is always a bit of a poor point of TFTs when compared with CRTs). Looks quite nice too...

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1033

:)

Last edited: 24 May 2004
  4. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

I meant anything better than what we have just now like what Will mentioned, didnt know anything about oled screens but they look not bad ;) It was actually the 1720 i was looking at as it looks a bit more swish than the 1710 but its still the same screen i think.

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm considering the AG Neovo F-417, saw it at CTS, and it looked quite tasty for under £300. It's only analogue, which doesn't bother me too much, but it might bother others.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Id encourage people to use DVI if possible, even though most VGAs are very good there is a difference. And dual inputs = teh win.

/me hugs my 1710b - thin bezels and fast responce rock. Ive had it over a year now and would NEVER EVER go back to crt.