1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Thank you Ebuyer!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IDave, 16 Jul 2009.

1. IDave

IDave What's a Dremel?

I just wanted to share my recent RMA story with everyone.

I bought a set of Logitech Z-4s a few weeks ago and when they arrived they were making a loud buzzing sound. I tried them in various different sockets and in another house to ensure it was not my home electrics causing it, i called Logitech and they said it sounded like a faulty transformer and I should contact the store ibought them from for areplacement as i was within my 28 days.

So I called Ebuyer and arranged a collection for a couple of days later.

They picked them up and then 5 days later my original speakers were returned to me. When i called again to say what's going on they said they had returned them to me as I was not covered because the speakers were damaged and the return period for damaged items was only 10 days ( i returned them at 14 days.)

I saw that the speakers now had a dent next to the sub grille and the box looked pretty bashed up, I told them this damage was not there when i returned them and that it must have happened on the return journey, which was true.

It would have been easy for them to just say I was making it up and refuse to replace them, however they were very helpful and said "no problem we will pick them up again and send you another set.

The new set arrived today and I'm very happy with them, great finish on them and the sound is excellent, and no buzzing either.

Anyway I wanted to share my experience with you all as it's all too easy to complain about bad service, so I believe good service should also be noted.

Ebuyer were very helpful and their RMA policy is more than fair - I would highly recommend them. :thumb:

Last edited: 16 Jul 2009
  2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Excellent, I have heard great things about their customer service recently. I've used them for many years now, luckily I've never had to return anything.

3. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

I gotta admit ive always found Ebuyer quite expensive, reason ive never shopped there.

4. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

+1 at Unknownsock, though they have a rare good deal sometimes :thumb:

I also have Logitech Z4s: they're excellent aren't they ;)

Dabs.com also have a good RMA service, my old GA-X48-DS4 motherboard died after six months and Dabs gave me a full refund :thumb::thumb:

5. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Wow, appears to be the exact opposite of the OCuK RMA policy!!

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Twittered this thread to ebuyer, and they said thank you and passed it onto their customer service team ^_^

I love it when social networking comes together for a world of good.

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i love my Z-4's, when i bought them it was one more step closer to better audio and has left me wanting some more speakers.....

8. DarkBanana

DarkBanana What's a Dremel?

Interesting fact: Under UK contract law, they actually more or less have to. Any faults in a product within 6 months of purchase are considered the responsibility of the seller unless they can prove there was no fault at purchase. This is a statutory right so they have to obey it no matter what they put in their terms and conditions.

Also, something I'm not very clear about: under contract law, when you buy something from a any seller, you have a contract with them not the original manufacturer. They shouldn't be able to shift the blame... Strictly speaking that is.

Although, in practice, it's probably a lot harder as most sellers probably don't actually know the law... But if more consumers were aware of their rights, things will change!! UK actually has A LOT of customer protection law... Maybe Bit can do an article on it one day? I'll even lend you my law notes ;)