1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors THB Bury Carkits, Bluetooth, BlackBerry

Discussion in 'General' started by Hex, 19 Nov 2010.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

As there's a diverse group of people on here I wondered if anyone knows anything about THB Bury carkits?

My Dad had the UNI System 8 base installed in his van 2yrs ago (moved from his old van, he's had the base a total of about 3-4yrs). He's only had 2 types of Nokia before and successfully bought and used new Take&Talk cradles for them. His setup automatically mutes the radio, auto-answers, uses the van's radio speakers, etc.

So, he's got his first 'new new' phone, a BlackBerry Bold 9780. Got the 9700 Take&Talk cradle from THB Bury, confirmed with them that the 9780 also fits and pairs up with bluetooth ok with it. However, it doesn't use the van's radio speakers, doesn't auto-answer, doesn't do anything in fact, except charge it. Obviously this is next to useless and means he can only drive with his phone off so it doesn't distract him and misses business calls.

I've googled and found other people having similar issues with BlackBerry Bolds (all of them, 9000, 9700 & 9780, other bbs seem fine) and also other people being really helpful and posting "I have a Bold 9780 & a THB Bury kit and it works fine". Thanks for that... :rolleyes:

Only thing we've managed to find out so far is that the System 9 Bold 9700/9780 Take&Talk Cradle is now advertised as charging only. So I'm really hoping they put the wrong one in the box or something (it doesn't actually say if it's system 8 or 9 on the cradle itself). I doubt it though. Oh and also when I paired the Bold with the cradle via bluetooth, I had a look in the options (I removed encryption, made no difference) and the cradle didn't have the 'Audio Source' service. Only headset & serial port.

If anyone knows about these things and has any ideas, please let me know. It's driving me slightly mental! Oh and no "eeew BlackBerry, get a decent phone" replies because that's just pointless and not helping (and I'll delete them if that's all you say) :thumb:

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: 23 Jan 2011
  2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Nevermind, I just got it working :clap:

Two days of taking the battery out, pairing, deleting, re-pairing and it seems to have given in and decided to work :D Doesn't auto-answer, but the screen is so big he can see who it is and press the answer/reject button without staring at the phone anyway so all is good.