1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The 2009 Summer Games Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 18 Jun 2009.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

:lol:

Blizzard said SC2 (part 1) is aimed for a 2009 release.

2. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

A slightly off topic personal comment: I don't appreciate the inclusion of console games. While this may be nice for some people who own consoles and a PC, this is a PC-centric website, if that was diluted I would move elsewhere. I have increasingly felt the merger with Custom PC has not been positive. Stick to what made you made you so popular bit-tech.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

BiT has been doing console game reviews for a long, long, long time mate. Way before the CPC merger.

It's a fact that most games which come out for PC these days have a 360 or PS3 counterpart, so a logical step is to do console reviews.

Most people have at least one console, why not have some reviews on here for console games? This is still a PC-oriented place, but with a bit of diversification to stop it getting boring.

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Agreed.

Bit-tech's game reviews are generally the only reviews I take seriously, so it's nice to get some advice on gaming outside of the realm of PC games.
    I would like to see more PC Game reviews overall, but then I'd like to see more reviews in general overall anyway. :p

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

More than that, it's a fact that most PC games come out AFTER their console counterparts.

We're still a PC site. I'm very much a PC gamer and the only console I even own at home is a Wii that was bought for me. That said, there simply aren't enough PC exclusive releases to keep us busy and what ones there are are usually shockingly bad. We're not going to cover bad games just because they are on the PC, just like customers won't buy them.

Instead, we look at the games that are worth looking at regardless of platform. If they come out on every platform then we'll look at them on PC wherever possible (even though publishers rarely send out PC code nowadays for fear of piracy). If we can't look at them on PC then we'll take the next system which is representative of our audience - which the figures suggest is the Xbox 360. If the releases are staggered then we'll look at both PC and console. With console exclusive releases we only cover the ones which are important to our audience - so Resident Evil, not Wii Play.

There's no real point limiting ourselves to just PC games for the sake of PC games. Is it more important to people that we review dross like Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge (which I have laying beside me) instead of Halo: ODST?

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I haven't had an issue with the Xbox360/PC reviews, generally speaking the Xbox360 versions of a game is fairly close to what the PC version plays and feels like, minus the fact that the graphics won't be as awesome.

7. rodrigobiz

rodrigobiz What's a Dremel?

the bioshok relise date in the article is wrong... the game comes out in February I believe...

great list =D
    I just want that dantes inferno for pc, who knows maybe a year after the consoles

Tags: Add Tags