1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding The 3D Printing Thread

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SkiDave, 6 Jun 2015.

1. Byron C

Byron C *psst!* This guy is a loser!

Yeah, that might be tricky - there isn't anywhere you can easily split that into sections as there's a lot of detail... Do you have a finished model that you want to print? If not that'll be your first step - taking that design and turning it into a printable model.

2. Archtronics

Archtronics Well-Known Member

Ordered one through eBay in the end as it was £40 cheaper, delivered yesterday but sadly I’m working away until tomorrow so haven’t had chance to have a play.

Hopefully the bed will be level otherwise I can just pick up an aftermarket one.

Also ordered some of the dampers, 2 rolls of filament and some TL smoother chips

Any other worth while upgrades before I put it together?
    Also is sticking spray stuff a worth while investment?

3. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Active Member

Surprising it sat in my basement for four months before I got to trying out my birthday present to myself.
    Picked up a Prusa i3 MK3. Besides running the standard set of calibration and some of the included test print files these are the first items printed.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Two prints, on the left the figure was print on its back and the one on the right was printed upright. Only cleanup so far has been removal of supports. I was surprised to see how iridescent the silver PLA is (free spool that my printer shipped with). I add the third image to prove that the two figures are printed in the same material/colour. Ignore the eraser helping prop the right figure up in the third image, couldn't find the balancing sweat spot.

Yaka and MLyons like this.