1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Acer Mod :: RabidHardware!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 8 Nov 2002.

1. Cheese

Cheese Doc

{param}

"So you're probably wondering why we have all kinds of hammers, saws, flammables and a battery charger lined up. Well, we will be fighting against Acer quality after all, and this mod is on a "budget", so that warrants the use of cheap brute force to accomplish our "mod". Not only did we want to improve the physical look of the Acer but we also wanted to help the performance out a bit, so we decided to do somewhat of an external "voltage mod" to it, and ran 12 volts @ 10 amps through various parts of the motherboard, Acer performace++!"

Linkie.

2. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

I thought that was bad enough. Half thinking it was a joke, and then I saw this massacre:

I feel almost personally hurt as that would have done as a basic server (which I need at the moment). but I do love to see 'em burn!

3. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Thats just stupid :wallbash:

4. CrOaKeR

CrOaKeR Host warrior 4, Vengence!

Are these people some kinda anti modding collective that are intent on destroying all tech? The modern day luddites here to rid us of eeeeeeeeeeeevil? :p

5. Thermite

Thermite What's a Dremel?

hahaha i'm good buddies with the guys from RH. Its all in good fun. actually they did that a few months ago, but finally got off thier ass and wrote up on it!

they inspired me, so I'm working on something similar, but it ups the anty a lil :eeek:

and i hope you guys noticed its under the 'humour' section ;)

samething happened a while ago when they got /.'d about a cooling article (also in the 'humour' section).. people took it serious and were really upset! It was quite funny.

6. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

I know its a joke; still a waste.

7. dreamie

dreamie What's a Dremel?

:wallbash: :wallbash:

what a waste!

8. Thermite

geeze you guys, no sense of humor!

what good is a POS that no longer works? just throw it away? scrap it for useless parts? Why not get rid of it in a more creative way?

9. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Mate this is a modding site, useless scrap gets reused - you clearly don't know where the feet for macroblack came from :)

Blowing stuff up is fun and entertaining and the article is a good laugh, but at the same time it's a big waste. I'm not quite sure why you're arguing against the flow Thermite when it can clearly be both things :D

Rob.

10. Thermite

yea thats true. But its also necessary to have a good laugh everyonce in a while. I personally reuse EVERYTHING. However, this 286 had absolutely nothing i could reuse, (except for the faceplate for the 5 3/4 which i did reuse)... anywho i gotta jet to work

Tags: Add Tags