1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apocalypse of Choice

Discussion in 'General' started by vincentnone, 16 Jul 2008.

?

What is your preferred apocalypse?

1. Zombie Outbreak

44.9%
  2. Nuclear War

9.0%
  3. Biological War

1.3%
  4. Mystical Event

10.3%
  5. Alien Invasion

14.1%
  6. Spontaneous total destruction of the planet

16.7%
  7. Cosmic Event (Supernova, Meteor, Black Hole)

12.8%
  8. Negative Evolution (Sterility)

9.0%
  9. Collapse of all governments

3.8%
  10. Religious Apocalypse

7.7%
  11. Robot Uprising

14.1%
  12. Rise of Cthulu

12.8%
  13. Global Disability (Ala Day of the Triffids)

3.8%
  14. Bindi

15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vincentnone

vincentnone enthusiast or fanboy?

I think the Jurassic park scenario would go under mystical? though if true to the movie might go under technology
    but I'm serious on the nuke survival, what foods are best to get, what will most likely have value after the bombs, what's dangerous to keep
    a list of cities around the world that would be likely to survive and have uncontaminated water supplies, and a means of producing food and generating an income (via valuable natural resources)
    as well as military bases where you're likely to find weapons and ammunition you will need and a list of the most accurate so you won't be wasting your time with lets say a lahti L-39, or be driving a hummer instead of a BTR
    I'm currently working on a list of locations which also have factories needed to make alternative energies to power the city you pick which is also a great source of income

though I won't be disclosing the military locations, just about everything else in up for grabs
    I've personally picked out the top 10 cities in the world that would be the best places to go for based on your location in the world
    they have all of the above, and a strategic position for defending themselves

it'd be pretty hard to make a list better than what I have now, which is why I'm spreading it to you guys, so it can be improved

2. vincentnone

vincentnone enthusiast or fanboy?

hey it made front page, that's a first for me
    still don't get what is meant by bindi?

so what about specific apocalypse's that might happen under one of the categories? like a dragon army led by one of many net stars or failures, like the asian guy from american idol a few seasons back or pedo bear, now that would be a sight to see as you die

what about reverse gravity? where we all just float off into space, not sure if you suffocate or freeze first, but either way, I think that'd be an interesting apoc, imagine the day aliens invade after we float off, they'd think twice

3. C0nKer

C0nKer New Member

Cosmic I suppose. I'd prefer to have it happen all of a sudden, and nothing could be done about it. Saves you the trouble of people building bunkers running here and there in panic trying to save their lives when in reality, there is no hope left. I'd rather live peacefully till suddenly boom.

4. donnie

donnie Moddin' my way out of a paper bag

Hey Joe when can we expect to see you're Zombie Survival guide on the front page coz that'll be a really great article,
    plus i think mixing computer technology with zombies going splat is how i want bit-tech to move forward but i think it would be a good idea to release it along with the review of left 4 dead.

Weapen of choice for a zombie holocaust.
    A really good stapler
    A tin of beans
    "and heres one i made earlier, flamethrower."