1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The best Game you Have Ever Played ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kolyn_Kryw, 15 Apr 2008.

1. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

PS2:
    Crash Bandicoot (yes it was a PS1 game but we never had a PS1:()
    Jak and Daxter 1
    SSX
    Timesplitters 2,3
    Time crysis 2 + G Con

PC:
    Age of Empires (original)
    HL2 (I *love* the whole lot of them)
    Vice City
    CoD2,4

2. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

umm ill chuck this hear instead of making another thread, but how on earth do i find out if i have the us or uk version of fallout 2 (trying to patch it before i start), if your going to rerelease (not the right word but cant think what would be) a game at least patch the thing

3. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Final Fantasy 1 (NES)
    Castle of the Winds (Win3.1)

4. Mcmonopoly

Mcmonopoly What now?!

All consoles included:

Final Fantasy 2/3 on the SNES

On the PC:

Fallout 1/2
    Diablo 2

5. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Freespace 2
    Deus Ex
    Resident Evil 2
    Company of Heroes
    Final Fantasy 7
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3

6. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Just played Penumbra Overture Ep1, best survival horror game I have ever played, rearly creeps you out with very few actual monsters (but when they do apear there HUGE and very welll done).

7. Lemmingzappa

Lemmingzappa What's a Dremel?

Zelda (SNES)
    Mario Kart (SNES)
    Mario Kart 64

Best game of all time: Goldeneye !

no multiplayer game has been better to date, absolutely amazing 4-player split screen.

8. MontanaFX

MontanaFX Sent from the skies

Golden Eye 64 from back in the day. Oblivion is pretty sweet, but so is HL2. I also love Burnout 3,4 etc.

9. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

PC -

Single Player:
    Half Life 1
    Deus Ex
    Half life 2
    Mafia
    Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

Multi:
    TFC
    Natural selection
    UT
    CS 7.1 (been terrible since retail)
    DOD beta (also terrible since retail)

10. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Single -

KoTOR
    Final Fantasy 9
    Crash Bandicoot 3
    Mass Effect
    Dino Crisis

Multi-player

Tactical Ops
    Unreal Tournament
    Crash Team Racing
    Ultima Online
    World of Warcraft

11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Lets see how many people change their minds and start posting that GTA IV is the best thing since sliced bread.

Sam

12. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

pft, them games have barely changed since 3

13. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

CoD 1 for multiplayer and single player.

And GTA:VC simply because I can still pick up that game now and play without getting bored

14. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Doom! (yeh, fanboy!)
    Battlefield 2 (all around greatness, except for those aircraft levels.)
    Diablo 2 & Expansion Lord of Destruction (addiction at it's greatest)
    SNK vs Capcom Card fighters clash for the Neo Geo Pocket! Golden memories!

Not my favorite, but massive recognition to Starcraft.

15. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

OMG you played castle of the winds too? I thought I was the only one. It was my first pc game :D and I purcahsed the sequal (although I don't think the promised 3 sequals to that in the help file were ever made).

16. firekil

firekil What's a Dremel?

As good as Goldeneye was, PerfectDark 64 was definitly my most favourite multiplayer game of all time. GTA 3 was the game that introduced me to modern pc gaming and the rest of the GTA series is amazing too. As for the best I've ever played? That's easy. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, or, more specifically PAZAAK.

17. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

descent 1. not descent 2 though, bosses were insane.

18. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

GTA4? Played a bit of it and I'm sold. For me, game of the year!

A game which FINALLY lives up to its hype... (I sound like a bloody advert here...) :s

19. banshee256

banshee256 What's a Dremel?

I've played so many games over the years, that I can't even begin to remember all of them. But of the few that still stick to my somewhat limited memory:

Unreal Tournament
    StarCraft
    Star Wars Episode One Pod Racer
    Fallout 2
    Deus Ex
    Doom 2
    Crusader (Chose my first nickname from this title)
    X-COM UFO Enemy Unknown
    The Elder Scrolls: Arena
    Warhammer: Dark Omen
    Descent Freespace 2

20. SubtleOne

SubtleOne What's a Dremel?

One really must separate systems and types/catergories of games IMO.

Yesteryear?

Apple ][ :

Loderunner
    Ultima IV (BEST 8-bit RPG of all time EASILY)
    Bard's Tale

PC

Wing Commander - Action Flight sim: Blew me away when it came out. Wing Commander IV with its movie-star movie sequences was amazing too.

RTS

Dune II - RTS: The first RTS, and absolutely great. The soundtrack also blew me away.
    Rise of Nations: This RTS, cross with Civ, was just amazing and still has a place on my HD.
    Age of Empires I/II: Revolutionary, no doubt about it.

FPS

Chronicles of Riddick: Director's Cut - This was the greatest FPS SP experience I ever had hands down. The fantastic action, graphics, and superb storyline, not to mention the tons of neat little extras really blew me away. Interesting that the story and acting was better than the films, which I saw later as a result of the game.
    Half-Life 1 and 2 - Fantastic game, innovative, with everything you could hope for.
    Deus Ex - I actually missed ths game entirely, and only played it this year. The fact that I played it to the end, loving it, and even tried the 3 different endings (from a save point of course) spoke volumes of this game's quality IMO.

RPG

Planescape: Torment
    - This game was a tour de force. A very engaging story, a funny sidekick, and some very creative ideas (The living house was as unexpected as it was wow).
    Knights of the Old Republic I and II - A very well-told, very fun story based in the Star Wars world. The sequel was no less good, with another great storyline, and brought some nice ideas to the table.
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - The out-of-box experience wouldn't place it in the best, but throw in a few mods, such as the better leveling, some great new geographical areas, and the game ranks up there. One can quibble about this, but the fact is that once done, the end-experience is what counts.

Strategy

(my absolute favorite strategy game is chess, and no game has consumed more of my time than it, but that can't be counted of course)

Civilization I and II - My oh my, how many hours of my life did these suck out... Civilization was a truly ground-breaking game, and the sequel brought in a ton of really neat features, such as those cool Wonder vids, that only made it that much more addictive.
    Galactic Civilizations II (with all expansion packs) - This game is really incredible, and a true work of love. I had played Sid Meier's (the guy who created Civ above) Alpha Centauri, and wasn't impressed. This is another story. 3D graphics, enormous strategic depth, and a ton of features make it unique and addictive. This isn't just Civ in space, it is much more, and the latest expansion includes some amazing editors that allow one to create everything from a new building to a new tech, to a full-blown campaign. The mod community should produce some real beauties in time.

Racing/Driving

There are a bunch that are good I'm sure, though I only bought 2-3, and I can't speak of the ultra-realistic sims as they are not my thing. The one that I had the most fun with though is Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

Miscellaneous

Final Fantasy VII - I am not sure how to classify this game, but it was an amazing experience.
    N (The way of the Ninja) - I read about this freeware game in a Bit-tech article, and was skeptical. A new retro-graphics puzzle/platformer that was genuinely addictive to the modern player? I have tried a few over the years, hoping to find an heir to the Loderunner throne, without necessarily being a modernized copy, and have never found one that held my attention for long. "Nice", or "interesting" were the best compliments they got from me. That said, I have to agree that this itty-bitty gem is truly one of the great games. It is very hard, with brilliant level design, and extremely addictive. I showed it to a couple of friends and they too were hooked. I just finished Episode 9 (no cheating), and man was that tough (and satisfying).

Tags: